Help me name a Nature Archivist (as in the class)

smootrk

First Post
Of what I have seen, I like the Biosoph, or maybe Ecosoph? The terms are different, and something that I have not heard before, yet the root words still make them logical expressions of what they are all about.

too many 'mancer classes already, and sounds rather wizardly to me (rather than nature-ish).

Any other suggestions out there? Maybe some non-english ideas?

smootrk

First Post
Just a little bump to see if any more ideas are out there, other than what the weekend ENWorld folks had come up with.

Still looking for some different language options that might sound good (other than plain Engrish).

loki44

Explorer
Taxonomist?

How about a Plinian?
The Plinian Society was a group of naturalists that Charles Darwin was associated with while he was attending university. The group focused on studying the world from a natural viewpoint rather than a supernatural or divine one.

diaglo

Adventurer
loki44 said:
Taxonomist?

How about a Plinian?
The Plinian Society was a group of naturalists that Charles Darwin was associated with while he was attending university. The group focused on studying the world from a natural viewpoint rather than a supernatural or divine one.

Kingdom
Phylum or Division(in the plant kingdom)
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species
Variety

smootrk

First Post
pawsplay said:
Biosophist. One who is knowledgeable about life, one who is wise about living things.

Thanks to everyone who helped. Ultimately I chose Biosoph (thanks pawsplay) for the new name I will be using. Several suggestions were really good. The Darwin inspired name was another idea that I considered, but ultimately felt it was a little too obscure for most to 'get it'.

Here is the class in handy doc format... (actually I will attach it to the first post of the other thread).
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=175481

Again, thanks all.

Last edited:

Remove ads