Help me name some dragons...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The green dragon in my campaign (at least 700 years old) is named Gax, but I know that's short for something, I'm just not sure what. I'd love it to be one of those faux Latin names all the cool dragons have nowadays, but I never took any sort of Latin, faux or otherwise.

ruleslawyer said:
So, woyuld you just call him Willie until matters came to a head? ;)

You win the cookie! :)
images

rgard

Adventurer
kaomera said:
I'm currently gearing up for a new D&D campaign, to be set in a large half-ruined city in a huge cavern within a demi-plane and ruled over by five dragons...

My problem: I'm not particularly good at coming up with names. So far I have the White (Rimewing) and the Black (Miredark), but I'm drawing a blank on the other three (Green, Blue, & Red). Can anyone offer any suggestion?

The Green rules over the port section of the city, guarding the only easy access to other planes.

The Blue is in charge of administration and bureaucracy and the City Watch (police force).

The Red is the de-facto overall ruler and rules over the Temple District and the City Guard (armed forces). The Red is also very nearly a demi-goddess and has designs on Tiamat's place as Goddess / Queen of all evil dragons.

Bonus Question: One of my players is going to be a servant / acolyte (Dragonfire Adept once Dragon Magic is out) of Tiamat's dead sister (as per the three "non-standard" dragons in the Dragon Compendium). What on earth would her name be? ("Tamait" just seems dumb... :p )

Always fun to use historical names. One of my favorite names for a dragon in on of my campaigns was 'Vercingetorix'. It was the latinized (romanized?) version of Caesar's opponent's name in Gaul.

Thanks,
Rich

kaomera

Explorer
Thanx for all the assistance!

I'll have to look these over a bit. I'm probably going to end up with both a commonly known name (descriptive compounds) and a "real" name (not truename, but what they where known as before gathering in Wyrmtrove) for each. That will become important if and when the PCs decide they need to find out more about them... And it means I won't have to try and pronounce them for a while, at least (if I'm lucky I can just put the names in handouts). I've found that complex "Draconic" names just lead to the players coming up with nicknames for the dragons, anyway...

I'm gonna mull this over a bit, I'll post and let you know what I end up deciding to go with.

taliesin15

First Post
kaomera said:
but I'm drawing a blank on the other three (Green, Blue, & Red). Can anyone offer any suggestion?

The Blue is in charge of administration and bureaucracy and the City Watch (police force).

Garglespark the Fearless.

Remove ads