D&D 5E Help me optimize a Giant Frog/Toad build!!!

Yunru

Banned
Banned
You need Druid 4 for Giant Toad. It has a swim speed.

Also, you can't cast Message as a toad. But what the hell, throw a level of Great Old One Warlock on the pile for telepathy. Be an inspiring hypnotoad.

Chuck False Identity in there as well, be a truly inspiring, misleading hypnotoad.

GrumpyGamer

First Post
You need Druid 4 for Giant Toad. It has a swim speed.

Also, you can't cast Message as a toad. But what the hell, throw a level of Great Old One Warlock on the pile for telepathy. Be an inspiring hypnotoad.

Step 1: Build an 8th level "Inspiring Hypnotoad"
Start as a human Warlock
Select Inspiring Leader at Level 1
Select The Great Old One patron
Select +2 Cha at level 4 (Cha 18)
Select Sculptor of Flesh at level 7 for Polymorph
Select +2 Cha at level 8 (Cha 20)​

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFIT!!!

sulimo0310

Explorer
How about 4th lvl "Inspiring Hypnotoad"
Start as a Ghostwise Halfling for silent speach
Take 4 lvls of moon druid to wildshape into giant toad
At lvl 4 take inspiring leader

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

XMorsX

First Post
How about 4th lvl "Inspiring Hypnotoad"
Start as a Ghostwise Halfling for silent speach
Take 4 lvls of moon druid to wildshape into giant toad
At lvl 4 take inspiring leader

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Or guarding hypnotoad by replacing inspiring leader with sentinel, for devouring anyone trying to harm your friends.

faria

First Post
Because it keeps the Wizard alive?

In all seriousness, it puts one less enemy on the battlefield right on round 1. Yes, the enemy can attack the frog while in its belly, but he has disadvantage and is losing HP every round without a save. And as much as a joke as it is, it protects the Wizard (and other "more useful" members of the party) because the enemy can only attack a useless :):):):)ing frog. As for tactics, I'd always try to swallow the strongest enemy I can, such as the leader or a caster. The enemy priest can't heal who he can't see. Who cares if the frog dies two rounds later? By then, you just gave your allies a large advantage in the fight. Just summon a new frog with Find Steed or Wild Shape back into one.

And since most campaigns aren't gonna make it past level 10, a Giant Toad will actually have more HP than the group's Wizard for most campaigns.

Remove ads