• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me, what is the price of this item?

styker

First Post
Hi everyone, i created a new item to the warlock in my campaign, could you help me to price it?
The item is a ring that 1/day maximize eldritch blast; 1/day quicken eldritch blast; 1/day empower eldritch blast. So, what is the correct price?

AnonymousOne

First Post
Frukathka said:
Using the guidline in the back of the DMG, I've come up with a price of 19,600 gp; cost to create is 9,800 gp.

Umm yeah, I think the MIC has, at least in my book superseded the DMG in regards to pricing of magical items.

As far as that goes. I'd put it around 6-8K. It does not seem that much more powerful than the warlock's scepter as far as the additional damage it can deal coupled with the fact that it is NOT a +1 weapon and does NOT confer a +1 to your ranged touch attacks. I think paying nearly 20K for a ring that basically gives you 1/3 or 3 different feat is a bit ridiculous.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
AnonymousOne said:
Umm yeah, I think the MIC has, at least in my book superseded the DMG in regards to pricing of magical items.

As far as that goes. I'd put it around 6-8K. It does not seem that much more powerful than the warlock's scepter as far as the additional damage it can deal coupled with the fact that it is NOT a +1 weapon and does NOT confer a +1 to your ranged touch attacks. I think paying nearly 20K for a ring that basically gives you 1/3 or 3 different feat is a bit ridiculous.

I agree.

DMG pricing doesn't really work for the non-top-6 items plus the couple of named extras that WOTC talked about in the design articles. Throwing out prices that are the same as "So expensive you would never want to choose this item over one of the main 6" isn't productive.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads