• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help..not sure if to multiclass or not

Killoth

First Post
so Im a level 4 duergar ranger now I just leveled to 4 and have yet to choose what Im doing..I like the idea of multiclassing in barbarian for the rage and primal awareness. I already have a high ac thanks to my armor fighting style and shield. so I don't need the unarmored defense but the rage perks are sweet. Im planing to make my rangerbarb a battle rager so that would take my next three levels. however I will be losing out on my feats/ability mods and my extra attack. what Im asking is am I going to make a good hybrid with this or am I just shooting myself int he foot doing this? should I just take a feat or my ability mods?

Kithas

First Post
Piecing through what he's said it looks like the defensive style. I would ask what you want to do as your role, are you looking to be more defensive? Offensive? What are your stats currently?

Also keep in mind that you need to be wearing armor to get the benefit from your defensive style, so no unarmored defense!

Killoth

First Post
Piecing through what he's said it looks like the defensive style. I would ask what you want to do as your role, are you looking to be more defensive? Offensive? What are your stats currently?

Also keep in mind that you need to be wearing armor to get the benefit from your defensive style, so no unarmored defense!

my stats are stg 16 dex 14 con 15 int 12 wis 10 and char 8 my armor is scale male I have a shield and defensive fighting. my ac is 19 and Im looking for a feat to make me more useful in battle. I act more as a tank with my spider doing damage/poison. I was leaning to the sentinel and shield master

Kithas

First Post
If you want more damage I would go for your str ASI. If you want more defense personally I would do Defensive Duelist. Shield master will compete with a lot of your ranger stuff for bonus actions, but other than that is a great option. Sentinel is pretty good too but it really only ups your damage, and then it's situational. I have it on my 18 fgtr and it's useful but rare that I get to take advantage of it that hard :/

Killoth

First Post
If you want more damage I would go for your str ASI. If you want more defense personally I would do Defensive Duelist. Shield master will compete with a lot of your ranger stuff for bonus actions, but other than that is a great option. Sentinel is pretty good too but it really only ups your damage, and then it's situational. I have it on my 18 fgtr and it's useful but rare that I get to take advantage of it that hard :/
I wont lose my shield if I use defensive suelist will i and my main weapon is a mace

Kithas

First Post
You don't lose your shield no. Is your mace a big part of your character concept? Would it feel wrong for your character to use a shortsword/rapier instead?
The only requirements for the feat are a finesse weapon and a 13 dex, you do not need to use dex for your to hit or damage, you may still use str.

Remove ads