• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help on finding a sci-fi novel series

GreyOne

Explorer
Hey, I read a couple of library books in the mid-90's about a futuristic society of terra-formed colony worlds in the future and the extension of nation-states out into space. It had some cool ideas for interstellar travel, and the main characters were American and Japanese. The Japanese had reestablished their empire into deep space and I think it was called Nippon. I read the first couple of books but never found the third and then lost the name of the books and the author.

Can you help a brother out?

That's not Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars books is it? I haven't read them in a long time, so I could be mismatching details all over the place...

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Definately not the Mars books. I've read most of those and none of the elelments fit.

Now this is killing me as it sounds terribly familiar to me too! I will try to do some kind of googling

GreyOne

Explorer
No, it wasn't the Mars books. The name Ken Kato seems to ring a bell for me, but I didn't google anything with it.

The same technology/resource that allowed space travel also affected the defense of the ships I think. Part of the first book was centred on some American prisoners of war on a Japanese colony world I think. There were some space battles too.

This is really bugging me.

Remove ads