Help on paladin's mount survival, please

Artoomis

First Post
Re: Well, good grief--we're talking about a dog

Zaruthustran said:
If the high AC, elemental resistances, shared spells, and mounted combat hit negation aren't enough, I guess you'll just have to deal with the fact that dogs aren't that tough. You might want to trade in that puppy for something a little more durable.

LOL.

That's a good point. Dogs are not very tough. The main weakness seems to be saves, so I'm going to spend oodles on saving throw and stat boosting items. As soon as I have oodles to spend, that is.

The low hit points are mostly offset by his defenses from being celestial and a paladin's mount.

Moleculo

First Post
Ahhhh thats why, the reasoning i was using was the entry of "regular dog" in the mm, which has them listed as 17 dex.

doah! hehe. oh well, i guess the best answer is going to be making him a cloak of resistance +3 or 4 when you are level 12. :)

You could also get someone to cast some ehancement spells on your beast (like cats grace)

jake

apsuman

First Post
I don't know the level of your paladin, but I would suggest:

Heal Mount

Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Pal 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: The character's mount touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Heal mount enables the character to wipe away disease and injury in the character's special mount (typically a warhorse). It completely cures all diseases, blindness, or deafness of the mount, cures all points of damage taken due to wounds or injury, and repairs temporary ability damage. It cures those mental disorders caused by spells or injury to the brain.

Heal mount does not remove negative levels, restore drained levels, or restore drained ability scores.

g!

Artoomis

First Post
Thank you, apsuman.

My paladin is 11th level (about 1/2-way to 12th), and has access to one third level spell.

I had forgotten about all the other uses of Heal Mount besides hit points - a nice reminder.

I suppose I should always have this spell prepared. This mount is getting really expensive- in addition to a list of magic itmes I need to make or have made, he is now costing me a third level spell slot - reducing my flexibility somewhat.

*sigh*

The price of fighting mounted, I suppose.

Artoomis

First Post
Conaill said:
Straight out of the SRD:

Share Saving Throws: The mount uses its own base save or the paladin's, whichever is higher.

I'm confused - what is your point?

The mount gets to use its own base save or the paladin's base save. Are you trying to say something else?

Artoomis

First Post
Re: Charisma?

(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Does your mount get to add your Charisma bonus too?

Hmmm... Maybe a feat for the paladin would alow this? And if not, maybe a feat would let you use a turn attempt to do this - in a similar way that Divine Might.

Worth considering, at least.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Re: Re: Charisma?

Hmmm... Maybe a feat for the paladin would allow this?

Ooh... Metamount feats!

Enlarge Mount.
Empower Mount.
Silent Mount.
Heightne Mount.
Quicken Mount!

I'm not sure how useful Still Mount would be, though...

-Hyp.

Remove ads