HELP!!! Polearms and Sunder

smetzger

Explorer
officeronin said:

First, thank you for the response.

Magic Metal-Hafted? How do you work this?

This is what I think you are saying -- please correct me if I'm wrong:

Enchanting a weapon only covers "the business end". Therefore, to protect the shaft from sundering, I'd need to pay to have the shaft enchanted if I wanted it to gain the enchantment protection from sunder.

Did I get your post right?

I thought that the enchantment of a weapon covered the whole thing. If this is not the case, could I just attach a new shaft to the enchanted "pointy end"?

Are you talking about making it out of mithril/adamantine/other uber-metals? That might work for a few levels at least...

OfficeRonin

1) The haft of a magical glaive is magical.

2) There is no rule that says you cannot make a haft for a glaive out of steel.

Tyrrell

First Post
In magic of faerun there is a permenant spell with no material component that increases the hardness of an object by a few hp's. (some fraction of the caster's level). If your DM allows the spell in his setting you could hire an NPC to cast it for you. I believe that the spell is call hardening and is a 4th level WIz/Sor spell (but I could easily be wrong).

kreynolds

First Post
Tyrrell said:
I believe that the spell is call hardening and is a 4th level WIz/Sor spell (but I could easily be wrong).

Close, it's a 6th level spell. For every two caster levels, you add 1 to the objects hardness. The best part is that its permanent.

Stalker0

Legend
I think there's an indestructible enhancement in either the QUINT books or WOTC supplements.

If I remember, its +1 and make the weapon immune to breaking or something of that nature.

Shadowlore

First Post
kreynolds said:

Close, it's a 6th level spell. For every two caster levels, you add 1 to the objects hardness. The best part is that its permanent.

Hmm its a close call. I believe you can cast it on the object again, which makes the permanency even better. :eek:

Remove ads