• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Us Kill Morrus - Just updated 23/03/05

der_kluge

Adventurer
Yea, what magic items are at the party's disposal? And what is the wizard and sorcerer's current spell lists?

Also, has anyone cast detect magic in the area? We know the Slaad King's crown is magical, and presumably their polearms, but what else?

Seeten

First Post
Mages need to tie up the fighter Slaad types with enormous hp. Fighters annihilate the soul knife Gith. They are scary, but they arent high hp or dmg resistant, far as I know. Plus, killing the Gith leaves the King vastly outnumbering the Queen, also potentially a good thing.

You guys are playing into the bad guys strengths. Fighters vs fighters, soul knife mage slayers vs mages. You need to switch up targets.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
die_kluge said:
Well, it looks like, from the story, they didn't really take the suggestions, but that's ok. They're not screwed yet. I can't recall if the cleric was being attacked immediately, or not. One thing in they're favor is that they're largely undamaged.

If I were the cleric, I'd immediately cast prayer. Those +1s for everyone, and -1s for the enemy are gonna make a big difference. Next round, toss up that spiritual weapon - an extra attack is always handy to have around. I don't think I'd sacrifice the restoration until the gith are out of my high, otherwise you'll just need another one.

I agree. The slime wave is probably a last resort kind of spell. I'd only toss that if you've got a round to spare. The summon monster VII is going to come in handy, but if you're currently getting attacked, it's far too risky. Save that one if you manage to get the Gith off of you.

I've not cast Prayer, but I have cast Revelation. That's a +2 rather than a +1, so I'm ahead of you on that one.

We've tried a few suggestions, but really have been flat out trying to hold our own. The Force Wall was supposed to slow them down and give us a chance to take the 5 on our doorstep out. But it's really not worked. The sorceror went late in the round, and the Slaad King destroyed it early in the next round.

Fubar is about right!

Eccles

Shoren said:
Just a thought, can the Consecrate Spells be used to counter the negative energy?

Turns out it's not negative energy.

The Slaad Mooks wielding pikes aren't level draining. They're extra damage dealing pikes (20+ per hit), ALL of which is vile damage. Which sucks.

And the walls aren't negative energy. They're 2D6 damage, automatic dispel on your highest buff spell and either immediately lose your highest level spell, or else -1 to everything you do for the next 24 hours. Which also sucks.

Eccles

What else was there...

Oh yes. The telepathy block spell just stops telepathic communication. Which is great on large groups of telepathic villains, which we could've run into down here. But haven't.

The Archer is on the other side of the room. 90 feet away. Past a bunch of evil walls, 3 massive slaad warriors, 2 gith psycho-assassins, and within the reach of the blasted Slaad King's spiked chain, the less about which I know, the better.

I've only got one restoration. And the wizard just disappeared. Which is a pain.

Queenie's in the anti-magic zone, which is a pain given the 'psionics are different' thing Morrus has got going on.

Oh, and those Gith which (believe me) I really want the group to kill? They're bloomin' well Displaced with ACs in the mid thirties!

der_kluge

Adventurer
Eccles said:
I've not cast Prayer, but I have cast Revelation. That's a +2 rather than a +1, so I'm ahead of you on that one.

We've tried a few suggestions, but really have been flat out trying to hold our own. The Force Wall was supposed to slow them down and give us a chance to take the 5 on our doorstep out. But it's really not worked. The sorceror went late in the round, and the Slaad King destroyed it early in the next round.

Fubar is about right!

Did you point out that walls of force are invisible, and that unless the king has detect invisibility active, that he should never have been able to see it?

Not familiar with revelation. Does Prayer stack with it?

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
die_kluge said:
Did you point out that walls of force are invisible, and that unless the king has detect invisibility active, that he should never have been able to see it?

Not familiar with revelation. Does Prayer stack with it?

We did sort of mention that but lacked any conviction when Morrus turned around and argued that they weren't, (we didn't check the book, DOH, either).

I'm sure we could put up another one though! :cool:

Remove ads