• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Us Kill Morrus - Just updated 23/03/05

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Eccles said:
Turns out it's not negative energy.

The Slaad Mooks wielding pikes aren't level draining. They're extra damage dealing pikes (20+ per hit), ALL of which is vile damage. Which sucks.

And the walls aren't negative energy. They're 2D6 damage, automatic dispel on your highest buff spell and either immediately lose your highest level spell, or else -1 to everything you do for the next 24 hours. Which also sucks.

You wanna straw with that? :D

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
die_kluge said:
Did you point out that walls of force are invisible, and that unless the king has detect invisibility active, that he should never have been able to see it?

Not familiar with revelation. Does Prayer stack with it?

I mentioned it, but think they noticed when their freaky moving walls touched the wall of force.

Pretty sure revelation offers the same bonus type as Prayer, so no stacking...

Good question occured to me: What's everyone want to play in the next campaign? :)

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
"I'm gonna roll up a fire mage so I can avenge my paladin".

And if you don't follow that one, you have no right in calling yourself a roleplayer.

Toras

First Post
Back again with a few more off the wall tactics.
-Using the Dead Gith as a shield. Telekinesis or Brute Force, but get that body to where it can do some good. If he gets to cut up, just chuck it at them and knock them down.
-Living Gith (including Queen) as Improvisational Weapons. Hows the fighter's or paladins strength? If he can lift them feel to use them to bludgeon their comrades, doing damage to both them and the comrade.
-Eyes and Hands. They are needed to cast, fight, and target most psi abilities. Therefore your opponents shouldn't have them. Remove or disable them at the first opportunity.
-Portal Spaces = Bad Guy Storage. It worked to get you in. At worst they panic and tear the bag, scatter themselves on the astral/what ever plan you need.
-Disarming/Sundering. Toast those pikes and you should be able to take the advantage on the toad boys.
-Fold, Spindle and Mutiliate. Gith probably aren't good in a clench, so grappling them and asking if you can start making break checks against the hardness of their skeletal structure might be something to try.
-Alchemist fire or Acid. May not seem like alot of damage, but if you can force them to ingest it, apply it directly to an eye socket, or pour it in an ear.... Well I'll leave that to your imagination.

And remember if you can't pull it off, well, fight well and hope she's taking prisoners.

Dpulse303

Meat head
Well i've a few ideas .
I have a wind wall knocking around somewhere , should hold of any missile attacks ,those mage killers have all kinds of peirce magical protections and luck bonus's so i'm not sure how effective it will be, should stop the elf for a while until i can bring him back near us.
I have some 4th level acid orbs and some maximized fireballs
A summons 6 , 2 walls of force , a nailstorm , an eviscerate wich i am saving for the king if we get him near deaths door! and a couple of teleports. this isnt all the spells i have left, theres some realy low level stuff aswell.
:]

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Consider a structural assualt

You have a summon 6 left. You could always consider summoning an earth elemental, having move through the ground, and let it cave in part of the room. Bringing the roof down on top of the opponents probably wont outright kill them, but it will likely give you a few rounds to flee / regroup while your opponents dig themselves out.

END COMMUNICATION

TimSmith

Umm, all these combat tactics sound good except that the enemy has now been proved to outclass you totally.

I really think there must be some plotting/infighting going down with the 2 factions of bad guys and that you MUST MUST MUST exploit this (or at least try). You did say that the King hadn't really done much yet. Perhaps he is deliberately pulling his punches, while he waits for some stroke against the Queen?

Another possibility (granted unlikely) is that all may not be as it seems. Have you killed any Slaad mooks yet? Could they be some form of illusions if they can take so many hits from you AND cannot drop their pikes to use natural weapons? (Of course I could be reading too much into this!)

Sarellion

Explorer
My group fought an enemy once who was able to deal out tremendous damage in the first rounds. All thought they were toast but they later realized that it wasn´t so bad at all.

Ashen-Shugar

First Post
Don't know if i missed that being mentioned, but would this block Telepathy spell help to free the archer of the Queen's control?

Edit:
Forget about it. Bad idea. Both are in this Non Magic Field. ... Dilemma!:uhoh:

Last edited:

Remove ads