• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help w/ chaotic monk

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
Can someone please help me with creating a chaotic monk class? I am having trouble with picking a new character, I would like to play a monk but don't like the lawful idea. Two things that might help with abilities are Zell,FFVIII, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lily Inverse

First Post
I don't see why, if your GM isn't opposed to a class similiar to Monks but with a different alignment, why you don't just ask him to drop the alignment restriction altogether? I've never liked this idea that a Lawful attitude amounts to focus and devotion, and generally drop this completely anyway.

Geoff Watson

First Post
I agree with Lily. Just drop the Lawful requirement, as Lawful has many aspects not related to the monks' discipline. I can think of several anime/move/book/etc characters that were obviously Monks and not Lawful; even a few that are obviously Chaotic.

Geoff.

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
CRAP I just spent half an hour posting my Shinku Brawler (A D&D version of Ryu) and my computer shot my fat @$$ off.

Last edited:

Remove ads