• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with a build please.

RisnDevil

First Post
I am joining a "warrior's tournament," and was hoping the number crunchers here at EnWorld could overlook my character and help me out. He is a Minotaur, 20th ECL, 32 point buy, standard gold. He has ten levels of a homebrew class from dicefreaks, the whole of which is in the notes section of the character. I am not sure what the attack information for the gore attack should be, and not sure about what the total attack and damage bonuses for the greatsword should be either. Thanks to anyone for looking at it, and feel free to nitpick!

Thanks,
RisnDevil

http://www.dndonlinegames.com/view.php?id=39832

Dracandross

First Post
1) Hps 180? If CON is +8 with 18 lvls (2 fighter, 10 Havoc, 6 monstrous humanoid) shoulda give a lot more base con bonus is 126+ average of 18 lvls (assume hd 9 to average of 5hp per lvl would give 90hps and first level maxed woulda give another 5 or so more) => Hps should be more like 220

2) Skills: there are ranks in skills that are trained only and ya dont have ranks in em ;)

3) Will save is abysmal, is any castertypes coming, yell be controlled or so in a second.

4) Why bracers and not armour, does some of those give restrictions to that?

Looks nice though

-Dracandross

RisnDevil

First Post
1) The HP were origionally calculated with a different CON score, and I had forgotten to change it. Thanks for catching that. (BTW, HP are max at lvl 1, half-HD for all other levels.)

2) The character sheet just makes it look like that. He actually only has 9 skill points, mostly because those come from his monstrous human hit dice, and I NEEDED to use 4 to qualify for the PrC. I don't care about the rest really.

3) Will save can afford to be low, as no magic-user with higher than 4th level spells is allowed in the tourney.

4) I was trying to go for the most bang for the buck. By taking Improved buckler defense and putting the special ability on the armor, I saved around 13 000 gp. Plus, the Bracers of Armor go up to +8, whereas the armor bonus can only go to +5.

wmasters

First Post
Since I play a minotaur in one of the PbP games, I can answer some of this easily.

The standard gore is at BAB-5, as with a normal bonus natural attack. The powerful charge is 4d6+Str x 1.5

So far as I can tell you're total attack bonus with the greatsword should be +34 melee, +5 magic enhancements +1 weapon focus = +40. So I guess that makes it +40/+35/+30/+25. And the gore at +29 (+34 melee -5 bonus attack).

I only scanned over it I'm afraid though, I may well have missed something!

irdeggman

First Post
Why advance as a monstrous humanoid instead of a barbarian? The benefits are geater with no levels of monstrous humanoid, IMO.

A raging minotaur is a terrible sight to behold.

RisnDevil

First Post
I needed the bonus feats as soon as possible so I could get all 10 levels of Havoc Wreaker...I really wanted the high-end abilities.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads