• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with a feline player race

Klaus

First Post
Jurble said:
Ok so heres my final LA+1 build for this race inc. that last (thanks Klaus)

So thats the final all round race, the character will start without a class (except for his 1st lvl HP's so he actually has some!) and is going to then take monk up to lvl 19.

My only real worry is that this may cause problems for me as DM with designing encounters etc. Anyone here see any potential problems with the build?

thnaks so much to everyone for the help especially Klaus. You guys rock! (and have saved me from having a very unhappy player! :p)
We're here to help.

Just a note: due to Powerful Build, your race's clae attacks should do 1d4 damage, not 1d3.

As for being wookiee-sized, bugbears and gnolls are wookiee sized and don't get any special abilities for it. IIRC, neither do wookiees. You could drop it completely and still say the race averages 6' 8" in height (which is close to the height of Peter Mayhew, who plays Chewbacca).

Powerful Build is intended to represent creatures vastly larger than their size category would indicate, like that chinese basketball player that plays in the NBA.

Remove ads