• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with a Psi/Healer

vladbat

First Post
We are starting a Eberron campaign and I love the idea of the Kalashtar race gaining all those Psi points.
My basic idea is to do something with those points in the psi realm for offense but I have to take a healing class as it's my turn. Any ideas?

Drowbane

First Post
Psion: Egoist (if Kalashtar) or Shaper (if Warforged)
Transfer your allies wounds to yourself, heal self. Works best with starting level of 5+... before that you only have the Heal skill.

Body Adjustment (general psi 3rd lvl): You heal 1d12 damage... (use the Extra power feat to take this as a 2nd lvl Psy-Warrior power, cheaper cost).
Body Purification (general psi 3rd lvl): you restore 2 points of ability damage...
Empathic Transfer (Egoist 3rd lvl): transfer another's wounds to yourself. You heal 2d10 (base) and take half of the result or take the burden of rolling secondary poison/disease saves.
Share Pain (general 2nd lvl) + Psi-Crystal Affinity feat: Especially useful with Vigor manifested.
Vigor (general 1st lvl): +5 temp HP to you per psi-point. This makes a nice buffer for when you manifest Empathic Transfer.

I had a Warforged "healer" who did this with psionic Repair Damage (3d8 +1 per ML, augment +1d8 per 2 Psi) rather than Body Adjustment.

edit: Alternately, one or two of the Complete Psi base classes can (I think) heal... something about "mantles". I don't own that book though...

Edit again: the Life Mantle has a lvl 1 Psi power... 2pts of healing (or dmg vs undead) per psi-point. Rather weak, but better than what arcane can do with a lvl 1 :p

Last edited:

Runestar

First Post
You can consider the sangehirn prc on the wotc website. It lets you manifest some personal range powers on other PCs.

I think ardent (CPsi) has some limited healing capabilities.

Dagredhel

Explorer
There was a series of Minds Eye articles with alternate class features ala Players Handbook II for the psionic classes. One of the options for the Erudite variant Psion class, Mantled Erudite, would make for an effective psionic healer. A character could acquire the Life Mantle ('granted power' plus add the powers in the Mantle to the psion/wilder list) instead of the first level bonus feat.

Mantled Erudite

You have learned to use a single psionic mantle.

Replaces: You lose your 1st-level bonus feat.

Benefit: You gain access to a single psionic mantle. You gain the granted ability of the mantle, and the powers of that mantle are considered general psion/wilder powers for the purpose of learning.

The Psion (Egoist) "True Healer" option isn't nearly as good:

You gain access to the Life mantle.
Level: 5th.
Replaces: The bonus feat at 5th level.
Prerequisite: You must have 8 ranks in the Heal skill.
Benefit: You gain access to the Life mantle and you may now choose from these powers when choosing new powers known.

Remove ads