Help with an Alchemist Class

Draugin

First Post
JDowling said:
I just wish I could read Italian, then I'd be amongst everyone else asking Draugin to post his stuff heh =).
Thanks for your interest, it's an incentive to keep on with my work. :)
I started to create a site - it's not online yet, but maybe in a week it will. I'm writing it both in Italian and English - a rough & elementar English as this I'm using but at least comprehensible, I hope.

BTW, you asked something in a post I didn't rembember to answer to. Sorry!
Draugin - what sort of physical alterations can alchemists do in your work?
Temporary mutations (rearrangement of living matter), or permanent with a feat or the 9th level opus transfiguration (but the latter takes a toll in XP from the willing target).
Just to cite some effects, you can grow scales, make acid a target's blood, turn a target body more elastic, etc.
There are other physical boosts but they are included in another branch, Spagirics (mainly drugs and/or poisons), they're not mutations.
Also, if it's not too much to ask would you mind sharing some more information about the creatures they can make and the "metaphysical approach to items"?
In 3.0 they could generate some aberrations, beasts, vermin, plants, oozes and some templated creatures (but I don't like those templates anymore so I'll have to change them). I hated the removal of the beast creature type in 3.5, because I don't like the all-catching magical creature type (alchemy is not magical, supernatural at most), but I had to adapt myself to the new rules.
About the quintessence, alchemists can dabble with some abstract item proprerties shaping them as if they were material substances - for example, they can exctract the "offensive" property from a weapon to counteract it (unguentum armarium). This is a section under development (like every other section, to tell the truth!).

Well, that's a lot I could say, I've been developing this project for nearly two years, adjusting and rebalancing every factor to create an original alternative to magic and psionics. There is a lot to do yet, but I hope that this site I'm building will bring some ideas and incitement to go on. I'll let you know! :)

Remove ads