• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with class powers

abegara

First Post
Hi

I'm new to D&D and have been reading through the phb trying to make my first character. In the powers section it explains how to read a power but I notice that after "hit" some of the powers say for example "hit: 2[w]" Can someone explain to me what the W stands for. I'm sure it is in the rulebook and I've just missed it somewhere

Thanks in advance

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
abegara said:
Hi

I'm new to D&D and have been reading through the phb trying to make my first character. In the powers section it explains how to read a power but I notice that after "hit" some of the powers say for example "hit: 2[w]" Can someone explain to me what the W stands for. I'm sure it is in the rulebook and I've just missed it somewhere

Thanks in advance

The [W] is the die type of your weapon. For example, a bastard sword is d10, so a power that says you do 1[W] + Str would deal 1d10 + strength modifier damage if you are using a bastard sword.

Ronin84

First Post
The W represents the die for damage, so if you are using a Longsword that does d8, the power will do 2d8 + any modifiers for damage that you might have IF the power states that.

Oompa

First Post
I dont have an question about W, but about adjacent and radiant.

Adjacent means any square that connects to the one i am standing in right? And radiant is all squares surrounding me?

KevinF

First Post
Yes - adjacent is all the squares around you. A close Burst 1 attack affects all the squares around you. A close burst 2, is all the squares within 2 of you, etc...

Radiant is a damage type, like fire and acid, its the type of damage caused by holy attacks.

Oompa

First Post
KevinF said:
Yes - adjacent is all the squares around you. A close Burst 1 attack affects all the squares around you. A close burst 2, is all the squares within 2 of you, etc...

Radiant is a damage type, like fire and acid, its the type of damage caused by holy attacks.

Thanks, english aint my native so sometimes im puzzled :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads