• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Drawing Mountains

Torx

First Post
I'm in the process of redrawing (yet again) my homebrew world's map. I can never quite get mountains to come out right. For my last map I used Peter's guide to map making. The site can be found here: http://www.brodt.dk/peter/mount.html

My problem is two-fold. I'm fine when I essentially copying others' work, I'm just not super creative. I don't want to out-right plagiarize; usually I'm pretty good at adapting to truly making it my own. The second part of my problem is that most tutorials assume black-and-white. I personally love color maps, and I can always bring it down to b&w if I have to.

I am very adept at Photoshop (my tool of choice) and can either free-hand draw or do it in the computer. If someone either knows of a link with instructions for good mountain drawing or can help me out here, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads