• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with minions for planar binding spells!

Epametheus

First Post
Wow, Zappo. That player's work is like a thing of beauty.
The fact that he apparently had no clue as to what he was doing is even better.

I've been wanting to play a conjurer for a while, so that was like a "What NOT to Do" handbook :D

frankthedm

First Post
Haeltar'n, Least Hunter of Baphomet, [Base Half fiend minotaur, maxed out survival skill]

Know ye who hath been wrong'd by a wench, that calling Forth this fiend will deliv'r a most delightf'l revenge upon her. Once the Invokation has commenc'd, all that will be needed is but an art'cle off the she beast you wish punish'd. If one hath not the Potency to compel service, all that will be ask'd is the female's soul if she had previously pledg'd it to you, or failing that, a comely humanoid female in good health.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
What could a half-celestial pegasus want? Hmm... probably just good food and some territory on the Prime. Or maybe (mini-quest) a normal pegasus as a mate. I like the formian wanting magical items to serve the hive. He might even want to take a PC or a cohort back with him for the taskmaster to "work" with.

Demiurge out.

Olive

Explorer
Oh, Garnfellow and Frank those are cool. arn, I'll probably give class levels to the spined devils you posted in the other thread in order to make them 6HD, but the idea is awesome!

And Zappo, I suspect that my player's going to be thinking a bit harder about this sort of thing! But good story.

Thanks guys, I'm going to need to start thinking of creatures for the other spells soon, so if you have any ideas let me know!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
demiurge1138 said:
What could a half-celestial pegasus want? Hmm... probably just good food and some territory on the Prime. Or maybe (mini-quest) a normal pegasus as a mate. I like the formian wanting magical items to serve the hive. He might even want to take a PC or a cohort back with him for the taskmaster to "work" with.

Celestial Pegasus: really good hay, silver horseshoes, a crown made with sky-diamonds (celestial pegasus must be named "Lucy")

Formian: gears made from rare earth metals or interesting stones.

-- N

Olive

Explorer
I'm back, having writen some more of the brief descriptions:

Infa’iem’ubryl’da, commonly known as Minteia (feral succubus)
Minteia is a standard succubus, but for one thing: she is wild in the extreme, even for a demon. She lacks the subtlety that a normal succubus has, which is why she is valued in the hordes of Baphomet. She is truly a creature of chaos – she will not be bought and she is just as wilful as any other succubus. When compelled however, she is truly a force to be reckoned with – stronger and more deadly.

Sagomossyn, commonly known as Marchti (Advanced half-celestial pegasus)
Marchti is queen of a tribe of celestial pegasi that live on the plains of Arvandor, the home of the Seldarine. She is a wild creature who will not be bought, but can be a mighty steed if that is what one requires.

Adoke (formian taskmaster)
Formians seem to not believe in usenames, and are perhaps surprisingly open to negotiation. They are willful, however they will serve for a formulaic price system. Adoke will serve for 600gp or items of similar value for a task taking minutes, 3000gp for a task taking hours and 6,000gp for a task that takes days. While expensive, Adoke is extremely proficient at enforcing others to his will, and can be very useful if one is in need of a quick labour force.

Emenoldia, commonly known as Ergy (Azer exp4)
The azer Ergy is an apprentice of the master smith Dozhda, perhaps the most famed of azer weapon makers. While Ergy is no where near his master’s capability, and he has none of the arcane arts, he is still an extraordinarily capable and dedicated crafter of weapons. Ergy can be bargained with for similar prices to a formian. He lives on the Plane of Fire in Theonstyandrei, Dozhda’s citadel.

Bagdul, commonly known as Knifetouch
This devil of the kocrachon order serves as one of an unknowable number of torturers in the service of Alastor, one of His Infernal Majesty’s chief servants. Fairly standard for his kind, I once had need of his talents, but it was not cheap and I cannot tell how glad I was to have the experience over.

Snargakh
This creature is a canoloth, a foot soldier in the endless mercenary armies of Taba, one of Altraloths of Gehenna. Entirely typical of his order, Snargakh is extremely useful as muscle, and useless for anything else. He is fast and heavy hitting. Like all yugoloths, he will only bargain for at least as much as a formian, and usually more.

Anyone have any more? PC did you come up with what you were working on?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Are you using the MoTP canoloth, or Pant's Revised canoloth?

Looks very good so far. I especially like the feral succubus.

How about a ravid, maybe with a few rogue or bard levels, for creating distractions? His only payment is that he gets to take the objects he animates back with him. Or an advanced vargouille? Sure, it's a horrible evil flying head, but it's a horrible evil flying head. If you want to bend the rules a bit, you could even add the multiheaded template, for something really, really wierd.

Demiurge out.

Olive

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
Are you using the MoTP canoloth, or Pant's Revised canoloth?

I was thinking Pant's myself.

Looks very good so far. I especially like the feral succubus.

Thanks.

How about a ravid, maybe with a few rogue or bard levels, for creating distractions? His only payment is that he gets to take the objects he animates back with him. Or an advanced vargouille? Sure, it's a horrible evil flying head, but it's a horrible evil flying head. If you want to bend the rules a bit, you could even add the multiheaded template, for something really, really wierd.

Ooohhhh... I really like both those ideas. I certainly don't mind breaking the rules to add a multiheaded template to the vargouille. I need soem time to work these up now. And then before you know it Mourne will be casting the other planar binding spells, and I'll need more ideas!

Olive

Explorer
GreyShadow said:
Which books are you using for monsters?

Which books AREN'T I using for monsters?

I primarilly use the WotC stuff (and I've got all of their 3/3.5 monster books), but I'm picking up the Book of Fiends this weekend, and I've got ToH and Monsternomicon.

Why? Got something in mind?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads