• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Help with moving on

Istayfrosti

First Post
Hello, this is my first post to this forum so please be patient with me. Anyway, my friends and I have been playing D&D 4E for a few months now and have been playing using the character gen. Our problem is that we want to try out D&D Next but have little experience with actually filling out character sheets and was wondering if their are any tips to doing so. Thanks for reading.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Hello, this is my first post to this forum so please be patient with me. Anyway, my friends and I have been playing D&D 4E for a few months now and have been playing using the character gen. Our problem is that we want to try out D&D Next but have little experience with actually filling out character sheets and was wondering if their are any tips to doing so. Thanks for reading.

It's really easy. Just follow each section of the sheet like it's a question on the char gen. But, instead of a drop down list, just refer to that section of the rules. They rules are written to present the material practically like a drop-down menu themselves. Just give it a shot, and after you do your first one it will be easy.

Istayfrosti

First Post
Thank you! And real quickly we have been doing levels and stuff at home, are we suppose to create and level these characters as a group or just when time allows.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I would agree that doing it together, at least for the first few levels, is a good idea. You can ask each other questions if things are unclear, you can coordinate builds so you're not taking too many options redundantly, and it's fun to see how the other PCs are developing as you develop your own.

Remove ads