• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with population of a small town

Tauric

First Post
Say I have a small town with a population of 1200 human adults. The DMG states that between 10-40% of the pop. are nonadults, depending on race. What would be the percentage?

Also, how many buildings in this town?

What kind of physical footprint does it have (square yards, meters, whatever)? Wasn't there a thread on this a while ago?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, T

Tauric

First Post
Dude, Chroma, Thanks.

Ya know, I think a friend of mine showed me that site once before, but I haven't DMed in so long I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

T

Rabelais

First Post
1200 is pretty darned big

1200 people is practically a megaplex. That's a really sweet little site though.

Last edited:

Conaill

First Post
What? Nobody mentioned Expeditious Retreat Press yet? Their "A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe" is THE authority when it comes to questions like this. They didn't win 3 Ennies for this one for nothing! Just $10 at RPGNow, or you can probably find everything you need in their completely free excerpt, "A Magical Medieval City Guide". They also have a lot of worksheet and other supplementary materials online.

Check them out!

(And no, I'm not affiliated with them, or get a comission or anything. They're just that good! :D)

Thanks Conaill! :)

FYI, we're toying with releasing an updated version of MMS:WE at the end of 2007. I have most of a chapter already written about war and that would be a nice addition to the updated version.

The dead tree version is almost sold out (less than 100) left, so by the time 2007 rolls around, we'd need to get it back into distribution as it would have been out for quite a while.

joe b.

Remove ads