• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Herbs, Herbalist skill and Netbook of herbs

simonski

First Post
I was wondering how you handle the herbalist skill in your campaigns, if they are out travelling and they search say 2 hours each day for herbs, whats the probability that they actually find anything, DC etc..

Do anyone know of any Netbook of Herbs or a listing of herbs for 3E, it seems the lists I found was for AD&D.

Thanks

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
There used to be a very good NetBook of Herbs out there (Version 5 was ht elast I saw at the en dof last year)... had a look around on the web for it but its turning up blank results.. :( ?????

Its one of the books I really wanted to get converted to 3Ed for the FaNCC...

I have it on disk somewhere if you want ot contact me direct...
Andrew

Ahhh just found it over on Blue Troll
Blue Troll NetBooks

Last edited:

KidCthulhu

First Post
You might also want to get some "outside the box" ideas from a regular book on herbs and herbal remedies. Any library should have several. A book on the medicine and charms of the middle ages might also be a really good source. Records of what people believed; that certain herbs and other substances would protect you from everything from a cold to the plague to the evil eye, might give you some inspiration for herbs to put in the world. If you want something less dry, the Brother Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters are very good, and feature a 12th century monk/herbalist.

If plants and substances really have magical properties in the D&D world, you have a whole lot of built in adventure hooks!

simonski

First Post
DungeonKeeperUK said:
There used to be a very good NetBook of Herbs out there (Version 5 was ht elast I saw at the en dof last year)... had a look around on the web for it but its turning up blank results.. :( ?????

Its one of the books I really wanted to get converted to 3Ed for the FaNCC...

I have it on disk somewhere if you want ot contact me direct...
Andrew

Ahhh just found it over on Blue Troll
Blue Troll NetBooks

I checked it, but one of them I found was ad&d and the other was said to be converted to 3E, but it didnt seem that way, no DC on saves etc... and "paralysis" saves and stuff that used to be in ad&d if I remember correctly ;)

simonski

First Post
KidCthulhu said:
You might also want to get some "outside the box" ideas from a regular book on herbs and herbal remedies. Any library should have several. A book on the medicine and charms of the middle ages might also be a really good source. Records of what people believed; that certain herbs and other substances would protect you from everything from a cold to the plague to the evil eye, might give you some inspiration for herbs to put in the world. If you want something less dry, the Brother Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters are very good, and feature a 12th century monk/herbalist.

If plants and substances really have magical properties in the D&D world, you have a whole lot of built in adventure hooks!

I wish I had the time :) It would be easier to just convert the old herbal netbooks to 3E than make new herbs from scratch, although im sure SOMEONE must have done it already....anyone!?

simonski

First Post
I wish I had MotW, but I dont... no player is playing any of the classes right now so it will probably be a while til someone buys the book :) But since there have been alot of herbal guides to ad&d there HAS to be one for 3E as well...... :eek:

Remove ads