• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here are the missing rules from KotS

OchreJelly

First Post
I have a specific question:

SPOILERS
[sblock]
Later in the module there is a gelatinous cube. There are rules for engulfing and an engulfed character suffers acid damage until it can escape. How does the character escape? Maybe I missed something simple when I was tired reading it, but I don’t recall it saying like “save ends” or anything like that.
[/sblock]

Thank you!

Grazzt

Demon Lord
MindWanderer said:
I thought ability damage didn't exist anymore?

It doesnt.

Monsters that did ability damage deal normal damage, poison damage, or drain healing surges (depending on monster basically and what it did in previous editions)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
OchreJelly said:
I have a specific question:

SPOILERS
[sblock]
Later in the module there is a gelatinous cube. There are rules for engulfing and an engulfed character suffers acid damage until it can escape. How does the character escape? Maybe I missed something simple when I was tired reading it, but I don’t recall it saying like “save ends” or anything like that.
[/sblock]

Thank you!

Athletics check vs. Fortitude or Acrobatics check vs. Reflex

OchreJelly

First Post
Huh, I guess that's a good resolution. I don't recall specifically reading that about engulf, but I do remember seeing it as the resolution for grab. Thanks

Kitsune

Explorer
Ochre,

It's considered a grab according to the MM entry. Escaping is a move action that is either an acrobatics check vs. the grabber's reflex, or an athletics check vs. the grabber's fortitude. If you succeed in the escape, you may take a shift as part of the same action.

andrew

First Post
Equipment

For most adventuring gear, you'll be relatively safe sticking with mundane gear available in the 3.5 PH and the various sourcebooks (excluding alchemical items).

As for minor magic items (the shop occasionally has them), level 1 magic items cost 360gp. That should cover any basic +1 enhancement for weapons, armor, implements, and amulets. Throw in some level one skill boost items that give +1 or +2 to a skill check - for example, athlete's gloves: gain a +1 bonus to Athletics checks . Round off the list with healing potions at 50gp and that's about all Winterhaven has to offer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads