• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here's That SCAG Table of Contents!

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

Find the preface, released yesterday, here. At $60,000, they will release a new cantrip, Greenflame Blade.

toc.jpg

Click here for the PDF version

pukunui

Legend
The lore part looks pretty skimpy. I'm guessing even places like Waterdeep and Baldur's Gate won't get more than a page of detail.

Still, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I also like how they included an appendix on how to adapt the player content to other settings. I'm sure lots of folks will be grateful for that.

It's not immediately obvious what new player options this provides - those twenty pages in chapter 4 seem likely to cover at least some fluff ('Monastic Orders') - but it looks fun regardless. Sixty pages on the sword coast is a goodly chunk, and seems like it should be usefully deep without being impossible to absorb. I like the race-overviews as well, since it can help players and DMs place the weirder races into the campaign.

Also: interesting to notice that the PotA-style 'how to use this in other settings' bit has made an appearance. They seem to be gambling that lots of DMs will pick this up even for homebrew campaigns.

Remove ads

Remove ads