Here's The Wizard Spell List From Extra Life

I remember when people used to put sentences and everything in their posts. It was a golden era.

I remember when people used to put sentences and everything in their posts. It was a golden era.

gyor

Legend
I think for Wizard spells the winners here are the Conjurer and Transmuter, followed by the Illusionist, Enchanted, Necromancer, and Evoker.

The Abjurer and finally Diviner come in last.

gyor

Legend
Both the Dragon and Shadow Sorceror should like the Illusionary Dragon as the dragon is made from the stuff of the Shadowfell, so it fits both their themes (Shadows and Dragons).

Actually I have a feeling Infernal Calling will be like that.

I'm also curious why Infernal Calling isn't called Summon Devil, could other none devil inhabitants of the hells like Succubi, Rakshasas, and weirder things be summoned as well?

Maybe even Yugoloths. I think Infernal Calling is the spell I'm most curious about.

I admit I am most curious about that spell myself. Maybe it is just me, but the word "calling" seems less in control for the caster than "conjuring" or "summoning." If this were a different gaming system, I would think this is the spell where you let something possess you for a whole bunch of powers, but I can't see D&D doing that. I could see it being the "break out the magic circle, I have opened a portal for 1 minute, and maybe we can planar bind what comes through" spell.....

Evenglare

Adventurer
What have you seen that seems to expand the power levels of the game? There have been plenty of supplementing the past that failed to provide anything that was more powerful than was already available. Providing additional options often results and some slight power creep in terms of flexibility, but I don't see anything in any of these previews that had said something directly more powerful than existing subclasses.

Chill out man, its a joke, you even say yourself there's slight power creep in flexibility. If you've been playing D&D for a while you know that inevitably the release of expansions bring in power creep however small. But even disregarding that the post was just a bit of humor. No need to flip out and defend the game.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads