Here's why you shouldn't steal user names!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Identity theft will probably get you a free one-week vacation from the boards the first time it happens. It's a real pain for the admins, and no fun for the person whose name has been stolen. So please, don't intentionally take anyone else's user name, even as a joke.

Thanks!

Kwalishcat

First Post
Sacred IDs

The nickname you pick for this message board is sacred, almost holy. It is an important sign of your personal identity. So remember, people, have a care about other people's IDs here. And don't mock them. Even if they post long, boring story hours and then go on and on about them in other posts. I mean, please, these posters are people too.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Oh, he's got the schtick but he doesn't have the mock icons yet for avatars. I can't wait to see the skilz employed to make those... :D

graydoom

First Post
Go avatars! I hope more people upload custom ones, the custom avatar's that I've seen so far are pretty cool.

Oh yeah. And don't steal usernames! Bad thieves!

What happens if some new board user comes along before everyone has re-registered and registers a name without knowing that someone else had used it on the old boards?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Duncan Haldane said:
What happens if some new board user comes along before everyone has re-registered and registers a name without knowing that someone else had used it on the old boards?
I'm sure we'll find a way to work this out, should it occur... :)

TalonComics

First Post
Duncan Haldane said:

We kill them and then ask the DM how much experience we get.

Uh... Sorry, this is 3rd Edition.
We parlay with them and if they don't fess up we kill them and ask the DM how much experience we get.

~D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
TalonComics said:

We kill them and then ask the DM how much experience we get.

Uh... Sorry, this is 3rd Edition.
We parlay with them and if they don't fess up we kill them and ask the DM how much experience we get.

~D
Actually, this being 3e, we only need to know their CRs; we can calculate the XP ourselves, then. :D

Remove ads