Here's why you shouldn't steal user names!

Grandpa

First Post
Recovering Stolen Names

Piratecat: What is the proper way to recover a stolen name, especially when it may have been accidental? I've been Grandpa since Eric Noah's boards, and I have mixed feelings about having it yoinked from me...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The proper etiquette is to email me or to post here. Krub, I've sent you an email; I've already rescued Grandpa from the person who accidentally yoinked it. As soon as you give me the okay, I'll change "Krub" to "Grandpa", and you won't have to re-register.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
I've had a lotta names here. I really doubt anyone would ever take my old "Great Irish Ninja" so I always had that as a backup in case my actual handle was taken.

Nareau

Explorer
I yoinked Spider

This is lawithro. Spider has been my handle for many a year now. I'll be happy to give it up if the oringinal holder wants it...but I haven't ever seen a post by him.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Terraism said:
Yah, but - Darkness - what's our CR? I mean, we kinda need that too for the whole cross-referencing thing, after all... ;)
Hmm... a base value depending on Member number (i.e., CR 20 for members 1-50, CR 19 for 51-100, 18 for 101-151, etc., to a minimum of 1) + (post count/100) + 2 for Mods (or +4 for Admins) + bonus points for coolness (user name, sig, avatar, etc.) or something along these lines? :cool:

graydoom

First Post
Darkness said:
Hmm... a base value depending on Member number (i.e., CR 20 for members 1-50, CR 19 for 51-100, 18 for 101-151, etc., to a minimum of 1) + (post count/100) + 2 for Mods (or +4 for Admins) + bonus points for coolness (user name, sig, avatar, etc.) or something along these lines? :cool:

+2 for mods!? +4 for admins!??!?!?! Are you insane? It's at least +200 and +400! I mean, look at the powers admins have! Instant death, no saving throw!

Darkness

graydoom said:

+2 for mods!? +4 for admins!??!?!?! Are you insane? It's at least +200 and +400! I mean, look at the powers admins have! Instant death, no saving throw!
Hm... Good point. We'll also have to reduce the base CR by member number, then, to balance it all out.
OTOH, Admins are balanced against other Admins, so the CR bonus shouldn't be too high...

graydoom

First Post
Darkness said:
Hm... Good point. We'll also have to reduce the base CR by member number, then, to balance it all out.
OTOH, Admins are balanced against other Admins, so the CR bonus shouldn't be too high...
Maybe a base CR of 1 per 100 posts, adding +10 for member number under 10, +5 for member number under 100, +3 for member number under 500, and +1 for member number under 1000.

Then a couple mods for coolness... +1 each for a cool .sig and/or a cool avatar.

If there's nothing I've left out, now we would calculate the admin/mod bonuses. Since mods have to delete posts one by one, I'd say they only get a +5 or so. You have to figure that the admins listen into the CR!

Now then, the admins have the ability of instant death with no saving throw. And all the powers of moderators. And access to the actual server, for some! That's at least +15, IMO.

So I'm about a 6 CR, if I did the math right.

Darkness

graydoom said:

Maybe a base CR of 1 per 100 posts, adding +10 for member number under 10, +5 for member number under 100, +3 for member number under 500, and +1 for member number under 1000.

Then a couple mods for coolness... +1 each for a cool .sig and/or a cool avatar.

If there's nothing I've left out, now we would calculate the admin/mod bonuses. Since mods have to delete posts one by one, I'd say they only get a +5 or so. You have to figure that the admins listen into the CR!

Now then, the admins have the ability of instant death with no saving throw. And all the powers of moderators. And access to the actual server, for some! That's at least +15, IMO.

So I'm about a 6 CR, if I did the math right.
Works for me. :cool:

I'm CR 11-13, then (depending on whether my avatar and sig are cool - I think so, at least. :D)

Remove ads