• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes for Hire (calling all heroes)

hero4hire

Explorer
Wow!!! I can't believe I have been away for so long...

Sorry to all for my mysterious and prolonged absence. I had some issues with job/internet I had to deal with. But after 9 months I am back online...I have a copy of Mutants and Masterminds in my grubby little hands, and I got an itch to play.

I half expect to get stuff thrown at me for even having the audacity to see who still wants to play after my disappearing act, but well...couldnt help it! Not going to make excuses, but I was offline now I am online.

So who is interested in restarting?

hero4hire

Explorer
I am fairly certain Torpedo (BrotherGustadt) and Blue Streak (Xenos007) arent around.

So there is going to be at least two new openings if any else one wants in. (Hopefully Keia, Nemesis, Nuke and Rybaer are still on board)

Rybaer

First Post
Whoa. Never expected to see a game brought back from the dead like this. When I saw your name reserve a spot on the Living game, though, I thought there might be a glimmer of hope for this one.

Were you planning on picking back up at the same spot, or restarting? And what about 2nd edition? I'd have to look at my book, but I suspect that Echo might be easier to pull off under the new rules. Hmmm...I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, good to see you back!

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
I would post a new thread in the Recruitment area and see who is still in and who wants in. Everyone seems pretty happy with 2.0 so characters probably need updated. The good part is you can just drop the new characters into the large warehouse of other recruits and keep going.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Whoa. Never expected to see a game brought back from the dead like this. When I saw your name reserve a spot on the Living game, though, I thought there might be a glimmer of hope for this one.

Were you planning on picking back up at the same spot, or restarting? And what about 2nd edition? I'd have to look at my book, but I suspect that Echo might be easier to pull off under the new rules. Hmmm...I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, good to see you back!

I am pretty much picking up right where we left off. I have 2e and plan on using it.

I agree..It looks like the sytem will handle Echo much better. If you want to rework her from scratch and send me a copy that would be great!

Glad to see you're still interested. :)

H4H

hero4hire

Explorer
Nuke261 said:
I would post a new thread in the Recruitment area and see who is still in and who wants in. Everyone seems pretty happy with 2.0 so characters probably need updated. The good part is you can just drop the new characters into the large warehouse of other recruits and keep going.

Good advice! I will do that.

As I said I plan on using 2e. I have a feeling it will do a *much* better job representing
D-Man. PL is still 10 BTW. 150 points.

Bront

The man with the probe
As I said in the other thread...

Tempting, though I'll admit that I know little of Marvel Universe in any way (Never realy followed comics other than through friends). Would that be a problem? Generaly, creating new characters is half the fun of things like this :)

hero4hire

Explorer
Keia said:
Still here . . . somewhere . . . hey, where is here? . . . nah, nevermind, I'll figure it out eventually. ;) :cool:

Keia

Keia,

I hoping you will reprise your roll as Paladin. (we need a leader dammit!)

Hopefully your plate isn't too full with Living Supers....

H4H

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
H4H, I'm looking around at potential speedsters or bricks. Any suggestions?

Lemme think....

Bricks
Blue Shield (a minor brick with some cop skills and a skin tight blue force field)
Giant-Man II aka Black Goliath (70s biochemist who could grow to 25 feet)
Rage (big black guy who dresses like a pro wrestler, he is actually 13 in an adult body)
Strong Guy (mutant bodyguard who could absorb kinetic energy to get stronger)
Ursa Major (russian soldier who could turn into a super-strong bear)

Speedsters a couple arent pure speedsters but fit in the category with thier tricks.
Blue Streak (an ex-criminal who uses a rocket roller-skate battlesuit, actually was played in this game ;) )
Impulse II (teen-age speedster who was mute, and wore blades on his wrists)
Northstar (mutant who could fly at near-light speeds, he was a french-canadien skier, and was Marvel's first gay hero)
Rocket Racer (inventor who used a Rocket Skateboard and had Rocket powered gloves)
Thunderbolt (speedster scientist, supposedly dead but thats never stopped me, or Marvel for that matter)
Whizzer II (super-speedster from an alternate earth)

combos of both
American Eagle (native american fast, strong, tough, with super-senses)
Red Wolf (native american fast, strong, tough, errr with super-senses..But he has a WOLF!!!)
Triathlon (former athlete who has 3 times the strength, speed, stamina of a peak human)

Remove ads