Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Patlin

Explorer
The creatures are only about 4' tall and seem to be made of molten rock. Opale's pretty sure they are some sort of elemental.

Edit: Also, let me know if anyone speaks Ignan.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Man, it's hot. It's hotter than a snake's behind in a wagon rut! Mongrel could protect us, but he has not granted me that boon today." Planus tries to remember any tips his teacher taught him on how to stay cool in the heat.

OOC: Survival +10. Not that I expect it to do a great deal of good.

Manzanita

First Post
"Unfortunately, I don't know any spells to help us with the heat." Iggy says. "Nor do I know what we should do next. But I think we will find help. Remember when we first got to the astral plane? We didn't know where we were or what we should do. Then we met T'Zeran. He had dreamed of us and was there to help us along. Someone, or something, is helping us. We are not alone in our battle with this lich. I think if we can survive long enough, we will get some help."

Iggy wipes some sweat from his brow. "I don't know about these lava men we see. Let me check them out more." Iggy then concentrates and creates an arcane eye near these creatures. He moves the eye around and tries to see what they are doing.

Patlin

Explorer
Iggy's Arcane Eye shows that the little lava men appear to be playing with one another, apparently in a thermally inverted game of snowballs. They're scooping up small amounts of lava and flinging them at each other, pelting each other with red hot pebbles. If not for the fact that such play would set a normal person on fire, it would seem harmless... possibly even cute. From its position over the elementals, THe Arcane Eye also shows Iggy a larger body of land in the distance. Iggy estimates that the group could probably march there in about an hour, assuming they are unhindered and use no magical means to accelerate travel. The higher ground is further from the lava, and presumably not as hot.

At this point, everyone needs to make a saving throw vs. severe heat.

SRD said:
In severe heat (above 110° F), a character must make a Fortitude save once every 10 minutes (DC 15, +1 for each previous check) or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. Characters wearing heavy clothing or armor of any sort take a –4 penalty on their saves. A character with the Survival skill may receive a bonus on this saving throw and may be able to apply this bonus to other characters as well. Characters reduced to unconsciousness begin taking lethal damage (1d4 points per each 10-minute period).

A character who takes any nonlethal damage from heat exposure now suffers from heatstroke and is fatigued. These penalties end when the character recovers the nonlethal damage she took from the heat.

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
OOC: Survival +10. Not that I expect it to do a great deal of good.
ooc: You may roll or take 10, just let me know the result. :)

Edit: I think taking 10 will give the whole party a +2 bonus on their saves, so I assume that's what you will do.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Opale removes her cloak and attach it to her backpack. "It's too hot, let's move, or we will finish roasted."[SBLOCK=OOC]Fortitude check: 18[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
"There's a larger body of land over past the lava-men. I think we should head that way." says Iggy. He'll keep his eye active as they walk, having it scout, to help find the best way over there and avoid perils as much as possible. Iggy also has a spyglass, which helps him see things far away.

Iggy himself becomes grumpy at the heat. He's not strong enough to carry much in his arms, so he keeps his cloak on and sweats.

OOC: Fort save: 4+5=9, +2=11 w/Planus' help.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus wipes sweat from his brow and tugs at the chain shirt around his neck. He has quickly become overheated in spite of his best efforts to help the party keep cool. "Ugh. I could have stayed home under a nice shade tree." Of course, then he would have been bored out of his mind, but it seems not even the prospect of discover an amazing new world can liven Planus's spirits.

"Mongrel, help me keep up," Planus prays and his strides lengthen even without him having any more energy.

OOC:
fort save vs heat (1d20+7=12)
I believe he is now at medium encumbrance. Cast Longstrider to bring him back up to 30 movement speed.

Manzanita

First Post
"I would prefer to bypass the laval men. If they like to play a game of 'snowballs' with lava, it's quite possible their brains are like those of children. Even if they are not malignant, they might try to play that game with us. As hot as I am, I suspect that lava would make us miss this weather." says Iggy.

Remove ads