• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Manzanita said:
"I have a clairvoyance spell, but its distance is insufficient to view either the city or the volcano top. Personally, I distrust the city. We don't know what we're looking for, and we would likely attract trouble there. I'd prefer to investigate the volcano top first."
Charlarn wipes his brow. "Yeah, less likely to find trouble on the volcano." He pats his haversack, which now holds his chain shirt. He notices Ignatious struggling with the heat. He lays his hand on the wizard's shoulder. "This should help some." The cleric generates a protective ward on Iggy. (+5 resistance bonus on his next save.)

HP 44/44
5 nonlethal damage

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack feels himself naked wandering around unkown territory without any armor, but right now he doesn't have much choice.
"Agreed. Considering the natives we've seen so far, the city isn't exactly tempting."

Patlin

Explorer
Choosing to avoid the city with its potential delights and challenges, you travel toward the volcano. Unfortunately, it seems something is following you out of the lava swamp. A raging column of fire, about 100' back, is heading toward you with what appears to be hostile intent.

***Roll Initiative***

Xael

First Post
"So how does one kill a fire? Without water I mean.", Ducane asks while drawing his sword and taking a defensive position.

OOC: Initiative 14.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Does Iggy recognize what the fire-thing is?

Knowledge (arcane)............................10 +4 +2 +16
Knowledge (the planes)........................6 +4 +10
Knowledge (history)...........................10 +4 +14
Knowledge (local)..............................3 +4 +7
Knowledge (geography).........................2 +4 +6
Knowledge (nature)............................1..+4......+5
Knowledge (dungeoneering).....................1..+4.......+5
Knowledge (architecture & Engineering)........1..+4......+5
Knowledge (religion)..........................1..+4......+5

Init: 13+3=16

SlagMortar

First Post
"I hope by sticking pointy things in it, but ... I have my doubts. Mongrel, don't let that thing see us!" Planus casts blindness (Fortitude DC 16) on the creature.

Planus sets his feet firmly, drawing an arrow and knocking it to his bow.

OOC:
If we've failed two saving throws, are we exhausted?
initiative roll (1d20=19)
If everyone is exhausted, cast blindness on the creature.

Spells prepared:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor (x2), Protection From Evil
2 (DC 15) 4/day: Shatter, Silence, Spiritual Weapon (x2)
3 (DC 16) 3/day: Blindness, Prayer, Dispel Magic
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility(prepared)
3 (DC 16): Fly (prepared)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Patlin said:
Choosing to avoid the city with its potential delights and challenges, you travel toward the volcano. Unfortunately, it seems something is following you out of the lava swamp. A raging column of fire, about 100' back, is heading toward you with what appears to be hostile intent.
Charlarn shouts, "Beware! Something's following us. And us unarmored." He breathes heavily and readies his shield. He grasps his holy symbol and casts shield of faith (duration: 5 minutes). A slight breeze swirls around the cleric, surrounding him with a shimmering silver field.

AC 15, 16 vs. the elemental
HP 44/44
5 nonlethal damage
fatigued
shield of faith in effect

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light (2), mending;
1-bless, divine favor, obscuring mist, sanctuary*, shield of faith;
2-hold person, shield other*, silence, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, fly*, magic vestment.
*Domain spell.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"It's a, uh, fire elemental." Iggy says. But he doesn't want to scare anyone by commenting on the size.

Iggy's mage armor has almost certainly expired. Nor do his scorching rays seem very promising. Negotiating might be possible. As unlikely as it might be, Iggy decides to try to avoid combat. He casts a tongues spell on himself, (standard action), then shouts out (in ignan or whatever) "We come in peace! We are here on an important mission!"

OOC:
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (4+1 int+1 div): mage armor, color spray, True Strike(D), protection from evil, magic missile(x2)
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): detect thoughts(D), invisibility(x2), scorching ray(x2)
Level 3 (2+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x2), Tongues
Level 4 (1+1 int+1 div): Arcane Eye, Mnemonic Enhancer(x2)

add'n 3 magic missiles from Mnemonic Enhancer spell

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Initiative: +16

HP: 31/31 (16 non-lethal)

Spell Memorized: (4+1/4+1/4+1/3+1)
DC: 14 + Spell level (+1 if Illusion)
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, *Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Read Magic
1: *Color Spray, Disguise Self, Grease, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil
2: Glitterdust, Hideous Laugther, *Invisibility, Melf's Acid Arrow
3: Dispel Magic, *Major Image, Melf's Acid Arrow [Extended], Stinking Cloud
*Bonus Illusion Spell