D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra will pull her pack over to her then sit back and listen to the music. She remains alert, more so even than she usually would in an inn due to the unusual reason for her being there, but otherwise passes the time until their mysterious benefactor shows up or it gets late enough for her to go to bed.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Liam shrugged and smiled. "Suit yourself."

He took a sip of his whiskey. "Name's Liam."

"If you will have me, I will share the room with you Liam. Although I prefer to have my own room, I definitely prefer this arrangement to sleeping on a cot with the masses! That is of course if I don't make a new friend from now unntil then, because I do prefer sleeping on a soft belly!" He says, winking at the only remaining lady in the room, but it is obvous his comment was purely in jest. Unless she is interested, of course! he says to himself.

tglassy

Adventurer
If Liam had eyes, he would have rolled them.

"I think I'd rather have a room to myself," he said politely, flipping another gold coin to the innkeeper. "I'll take both beds in the room." He counted out four silvers as well, and laid them on the table, "But I'll also pay for the other two to have a cot."

NeoNinevite

First Post
Garret sat mostly silent, but smiled when Theremin bought him a drink, and that smile only grew when Liam offered to pay for his room. After a while, he spoke up.

"You know, I don't normally like being in a team, but if it means free drinks and bedding, I'll join up right now."

Garret took his drink and stood up, holding it aloft in a traditional stout halfling toast. He gave a blessing aloud in the guttural language of his people.

"To my new friends!" He shouts in common before sitting back down.

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam smiled at the halfling. He liked him. Despite the smell.

He lifted his glass in salute with the halfling, sharing in the toast.

Liam grinned, "You might want to be careful with the liquor, friend. I've heard those that are...short of stature can't hold much, if you catch my drift."

Liam's grin held as he waited to see if the halfling would recognize his challenge for what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, the bartender; Omri Bine
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:05 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain

Torban beamed and caught the gold piece. “Of course, citizen!” he said, pocketing the coin. “Take your pick of rooms,” he told them.

As the bartender gathered up a few empty mugs and brought them back to the bar, there was a sound of breaking glass outside, and then someone screamed.

Torban straightened up and reached under the bar, taking out an axe handle.

“What was that, Torban?” the older gentleman asked, sitting up in his seat by the fire.

“I don’t know, Mr. Bine,” the bartender said.

From the door to the kitchen came the sound of pounding on the back door of the inn and more commotion from the town square outside the front door.

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam looked to the sound of the commotion. Of course, he couldn't see anything, but it was fairly loud.

He reached in deep, feeling the power swirl within him, coalescing on his rod. He couldn't see it, but the obsidian rod's silver runes began to glow blue.

"That doesn't sound friendly," he said with a grin. He wouldn't have thought it when he lost his eyes, but he loved moments like this. After months of training, the added challenge of being blind only increased the adrenaline rush he got when something exciting happened.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
At the noise, Coriana looked up. "Someone check that back door!" she shouted while running towards the front door and the square. Her blades drawn, she pauses at the door to assess the situation.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I'll get it!" Mindra answered Coriana. Going out the back was more Mindra's style than rushing headlong out the front anyway.

Pulling her rapier, Mindra rushes through the kitchen to the back door. When she gets next to the door she yells, "Who is it? What do you want?"

Last edited:

Remove ads