D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra swears as she sees Irene stumbling away, although she can't really blame her. She hates rats too. She is startled for a moment when translucent stone appears around her, but a quick glace at Theremin clears her confusion. She has seen him perform similar tricks for himself with bushes and boxes, and the rats seem to have lost track of her location now that she was inside a stone block. Always ready to take advantage of an opportunity in combat, Mindra strikes from out of her illusory hiding place and starts skewering rats.

OOC: In this case it is helpful that Mindra is less than 5' tall. She would have completely disappeared in the stone block. :)

Rapier attack with Advantage and Sneak Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [14, 17]+6 = 23
1D8+4+1D6 = [1]+4+[1] = 6

Wow. Minimum damage. :(

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods/Goblin Lair
30 Mother/6:49 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 4

OOC: Ah, I didn’t realize Mindra was so short! Yes, then I would probably allow something like that to work, even on an intelligent creature. At least until arrows start coming out of the stone, they might think Theremin had turned on her and swallowed her in stone. No worries.

Mindra’s arrow turnes several rats into shishkabob, though not as many as she would have liked. Many others scampering off, though several still swarmed Coriana.

Sayine obeyed Theremin, but before she flew back to his shoulder, she took a bite at the rats, swallowing another one.

Up the corridor, Irene slowed in her flight, her steps becoming staggered, listless. She stopped and leaned against the wall, staring ahead.

Coriana is still successful in keeping the rats from finding fleshy bits to nibble.

OOC: Everyone is up!

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
Bite attack: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
Breath recharge: 1D6 = [4] = 4
Doesn’t recharge
Wisdom save: 1D20 = [3] = 3
Bite attack: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D6 = [1] = 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 5/15+1 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Liam (+2) AC 14 18/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 19/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 14/14 PP 11 Darkvision
Irene (+0) AC 10 4/4 PP 10 2 levels of exhaustion (disadv. on ability checks, speed halved); addicted to essence of dreamlily; Wis save DC 12 every round to do anything of her own volition.

Rat Swarm 1 AC 10 9/24 Hexed (Str?)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative: Players go first
Player Average: 13.2
Enemy Average: 13

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Liam, Mindra, and Theremin darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
20 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam)
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra)
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra)
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
I am imagining Liam rolling his eyes at this point, pointing his finger at rat after rat going “ Pew, pew, pew,” with every Blast he sends their way.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods/Goblin Lair
30 Mother/6:49 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

Mindra skewers several of the remaining rats, and the rest lose interest, scattering off into the darkness. The hallway where you were overrun seems mostly clear of the rodents for now, just a few here and there that seem more afraid of you than swarming.

OOC: Combat is over

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 5/15+1 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Liam (+2) AC 14 18/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 19/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 14/14 PP 11 Darkvision
Irene (+0) AC 10 4/4 PP 10 2 levels of exhaustion (disadv. on ability checks, speed halved); addicted to essence of dreamlily; Wis save DC 12 every round to do anything of her own volition.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative: Players go first
Player Average: 13.2
Enemy Average: 13

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Liam, Mindra, and Theremin darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
20 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam)
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra)
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra)
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Coriana, looking pained, asks, "Can we just take a rest now? We haven't slept and there is nothing left to bother us in here."
OOC: False Life: 1D4+4 = [2]+4 = 6
[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 15 Init: +2
HP: 5/15+6 thp Hit Dice: 2 / 2 [1d8+1]
Pact Magic Slots: 0 SR (2)
Slot Level: 1
Concentration: None
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"I agree" says Theremin "But we shoud get out of here, in case thr rats decide to swarm again. Le us wrap up the exploration, and be on our way".

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"There is a bedroom with a closing door fifty feet away. We have the girl, there is no rush to get back, hell, a good sleep would probably speed up her steps. But no, of course not, not even a flaming hour of rest in a perfectly defendable room, nope. You want to run back into the bloody woods to get harassed by goblins and what else while I'm in no shape to fight."

"No, I'm gonna go relax for an hour. I will cut you if you think about physically dragging me. I think we should take a full sleep, but you want to kill yourselves by running through the forest out of your gourd from lack of sleep, fine. I'll join you. In sixty flaming minutes."

Coriana heads towards the room we killed the boss goblin in, intending to clear it iof corpses and just chill a bit.

Remove ads