• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods
30 Mother/9:05 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

To Liam’s eyes, he sees that the tablecloth and the food are magical, with auras of conjuration magic.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-jPbU-_K7GT1dLaphgXjluq3sAaFrN3F
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 15/15 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Liam (+2) AC 14 18/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 19/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 14/14 PP 11 Darkvision
Irene (+0) AC 10 4/4 PP 10 2 levels of exhaustion (disadv. on ability checks; speed halved); addicted to essence of dreamlily. Must make DC 12 Wisdom save to do anything on her own or slips into lethargy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Liam, Coriana
Travel Pace: Quarter speed (half for forest, half for Irene)
Travel activity: Everyone Keeping Watch
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
20 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam)
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra)
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra)
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
“As much as we would like,” Liam said, “I’m afraid we must be going. Your offer of a meal is generous, but we have little time and must be getting back to the village.”

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I agree we need to get Irene back as quickly as possible," Mindra says to Liam, "but Irene is already eating and it would be rude to eat and run."

Mindra sits at the table next to Irene. "Favius, is it?" Mindra says to the satyr with the pipes. "You said that the only real safe place to rest is the logging camp or the elven village. Which is closer to where we are now? Even though I don't wish to be rude we really are quite tired and will need to leave soon if we are to find safety before dark."

Mindra hesitates for a moment, then grabs a muffin and starts to eat.

"You didn't mention how we might repay you for your hospitality." Mindra says looking at the satyrs. "Is there something?"

OOC: Since Mindra believes the satyrs to be genuinely friendly I can't see any reason why she wouldn't sit down for a little breakfast with them. However she will still be on guard for a catch, hence the question about repayment.

Would Mindra know anything about the elven village? The logging camp is on the way back, so seems the obvious place to stop, but if the elven village is a viable alternative she would probably prefer that.

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam lowers his voice so hopefully only Mindra can hear him. “I’m pretty sure this food is either not real or bewitched in some way. But by all means, slow us down further.”

He nods to the satyrs before walking away a few paces, scanning the forest for anything that might be alarming.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30 Mother/9:06 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind
Round 0

“Ah, but your friend seems to want to join us,” Favius said, gesturing toward Irene.

The young woman blinked, caught biting into a gooey sweet roll, and looked a bit abashed. She swallowed and said, “Goblin food isn’t...very good.”

Mindra sat and took up a muffin, asking how they could repay the satyrs.

“Yes, Favius and Darius,” the satyr with the pipes introduced again. “As for repayment, well, we have wine.” He poured Mindra a large glass of the yellow wine. She recognized it as a potent elven vintage. “And we have beautiful women.” He gestured to Irene and Mindra and looked up to urge Coriana to sit. “All we are missing is song!” Favius laughed and blew a jaunty little tune on his pipes. “I see your friend there carries an instrument.” He waved Theremin over. “Can you sing?” he asked Mindra. “Maybe a song will lighten your dour friend’s mood.” He gave Liam a playful pout.

“The logging camp is a little over four hours northwest. Follow the river,” Darius said. “The elven village is almost six hours east and a bit north of here.” He pointed in the general direction.

OOC: Mindra can go ahead and make a DC 10 History check to see if she recalls anything about the elven village.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Irene (+0) AC 10 4/4 PP 10 2 levels of exhaustion (disadv. on ability checks; speed halved); addicted to essence of dreamlily. Must make DC 12 Wisdom save to do anything on her own or slips into lethargy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
20 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
“I beg to differ,” Liam said under his breath. He looked at these satyrs, trying to get a read on them.

Insight: [roll0]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30 Mother/9:07 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind
Round 0

To Liam, the satyr’s seem to genuinely be pleased at the presence of your company. Darius pats a toadstool near him for Coriana, loading up a plate for her. Irene starts to dig in again. She eyed Mindra’s bag and reached inside to pull out the jug of essence of dreamlily, her eyes a bit too bright.

OOC: Just need to know what Theremin is doing, and we can move on. No rush, though. Merry Christmas!

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
20 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"The Elven village. It's..." Mindra trails off. She knows she has heard about it somewhere, but can't bring it to mind. Finally she shrugs. "Oh well, probably best if we head to the logging camp anyway."

Seeing Irene go for the dreamlily, Mindra moves her pack away from the girl. "I think food would be better for you at this point in time. Here, try some more."

Mindra puts some more food on Irene's plate, then fills up her own. She is tired and hungry, but she is careful to not overdo it, and will pass on the wine. She needs her wits about her.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads