Heroes of the Feywild: Fey Themes

Larrin

Entropic Good
Honestly, the sentinel should be able to nab those companions for themselves....and those powers! I see no reason they shouldn't! Why wouldn't they have access to that? Heck, this whole theme could have been a class acts for the Sentinal.....

Dan'L

First Post
IMO the level 10 utility, Companion Form, should really be a daily, not an encounter.

Perhaps this (i.e., as a theme) is the way beast companions should always have been handled, but I can't help but think that in the environment of a system where such a companion is equal to about half to two-thirds the suite of a class' features, perhaps this isn't a bit too OP.

In any case, for better or worse, this will likely put the final nail in the coffin of Beastmaster Rangers as a played build.

-Dan'L

keterys

First Post
Or just mean BM rangers will play with two companions ;)

My sentinel/shaman will now have 3 companions, himself, plus some summons. Muahaha.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
Should have brought back the Cooshee. My old bladesinger had one for a pet.

moz-screenshot.png
Cooshee.gif

Dice4Hire

First Post
I wonder why WOTC is suddenly handing out CA like candy? I know essentials thieves (or whatever they are called) can get CA with no work at all, but a couple themes in Neverwinter plus this theme can now grant CA with no sweat..

CA really seems to be getting cheapened recently.

The theme is good, of course, but that is probably because it is too good. I see serious power creep in themes recently. Really serious power creep, and it is starting to turn me off them. At least with Dark Sun ones, it was only a free encounter, then power swapping (which was powerful, don't get me wrong) but now the free abilities at 5th and 10th are a lot.

Mainly because the abilities are generally pretty good, like the CA I mentioned above.

I think I am going to have to start power-creeping my monsters soon, to keep balance.

keterys

First Post
Well... it was never hard for melee characters to get combat advantage and there have been all kinds of ways for a group to achieve combat advantage, from anyone you force move, anyone with vulnerable cold, anyone with a common condition like slow, anyone someone is flanking, anyone you hit with a radiant power, etc.

But I am surprised to see it tossed out so easily in these themes, instead of being, say, an encounter power (Free Action, gain or grant CA for a round kinda thing).

It is worth note that things like Guardian and Iron Wolf, even Harper, can still easily beat something like "move up and give me CA". Especially "move up, give me CA, and cost me a few surges over the course of the day"

Last edited:

Remove ads