• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Mapache

Explorer
You know, one of the things that is totally baffling to me right now, and I admit it may be my own pre-conceived notions, is thet the Drow make better Fey Pact Hexblades than the Eladrin, Elf or Half-Elf (they actually make better Infernal pact...Huh again??) races... Just huh? I wish they had hewed more firmly with archetypes where this is concerned.

You forgot to mention that now Eladrin are better Dark Pact Warlocks than Drow are. :)

Imaro

Legend
See it this way: they're perfect for reconnecting with the fey aspect of their heritage (they *are* fey humanoids), forsaking Lolth for a chance at redemption.

Yeah but wouldn't that make Eladrin or even Elves better because they have more ties to said fey heritage.

Klaus

First Post
Yeah but wouldn't that make Eladrin or even Elves better because they have more ties to said fey heritage.
They can be just as "fey" without having to make pacts. See the fey warlock as a way for a nonfey to connect with the Feywild.

This may be kind of a silly question, but how 'leadery' does the new druid look?

I mean, from reading through the warpriest, I saw a lot that seemed to lend itself to boosting and aiding allies. From what I've seen of the druid though, it seems like it has somewhat of a striker side to it. I mostly get this impression from the fact that their encounter powers are a double attack, and that they only receive one leader-like at-will. The warpriest seems to get a number of features that boost its leader qualities, does the sentinel as well?

Thanks in advance.

WalterKovacs

First Post
This may be kind of a silly question, but how 'leadery' does the new druid look?

I mean, from reading through the warpriest, I saw a lot that seemed to lend itself to boosting and aiding allies. From what I've seen of the druid though, it seems like it has somewhat of a striker side to it. I mostly get this impression from the fact that their encounter powers are a double attack, and that they only receive one leader-like at-will. The warpriest seems to get a number of features that boost its leader qualities, does the sentinel as well?

Thanks in advance.

In terms of features:

Some of their knacks benefit their allies in a leadery way (for example, when they climb, it helps their allies to climb better)

Their animal companions have an aura which benefits their allies (either giving them combat advantage against an adjacent enemy, or a boost to their defenses to adjacent allies).

They have the healing word for the most basic form of healing.

They have some useful buffing dailies and utilities (they have a number of weapon buffs similar to the artificer, and they have day long buffs named similar to the old stat buffs which give bonuses associated with each of the 6 stats).

At level 8 they get Restore Life, which is a daily power that can resurrect allies.

Marshall

First Post
I'd actually say it's closer to about 2/3 NOT reprint of HotFL. This is actually exactly what I was hoping for. I really wanted the books to overlap the basics so that when I'm running my druid, I can bring just a character sheet folded up inside my HFK, a pencil, and a fistfull of dice and be set.

Yeah....no.
Then you'll be missing the other 80%+ of the rules that are in RC.

What are the alternatives? A new equipment section with a different backpack, a 55' coil of rope, a long-er sword? Or just omitting those items wholesale and WotC saying "sorry, you also need to bring your HFL?" The book has the same amount of content for the classes and races, they didn't skimp on any of that.

Instead of forcing players to pay for the same content over and over you put it in the the RC that everyone is supposed to have and put in more useful info in the actual players books...like more classes.

I'm not directing any rudeness towards you Retreater. It just seems that no matter what decision WotC makes, they get flak for it. When I see a criticism against what I think makes absolute perfect sense, I get annoyed.

When I have to pay for the same content again in order to get new content, I get annoyed.

zoroaster100

First Post
I agree I am not happy with the repetition of basic rules content in each player book. I have still opted to get the books because of the quality of the new content, but if they do it with any future books, I will simply opt to get the content through DDI, which I am planning to have anyway, and I'll skip buying future books, which I normally would buy.

Remove ads