• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds- The Hunt Begins

Kalanyr

Explorer
A door flys open and a group of four more fanged rather ugly looking humanoids rush in.

Alexandre motions for the minions to attack as he unleashes a barrage of blows at Dalamar landing a solid punch to the head (14 damage) and another to the jaw (12 damage) the music rising to a roaring pitch as he connects before sinking back and slowly it begins to build to a monumental level.

Filia moves behind a table and changes to her draconic form.

Dalamar takes another step back leaving a mere 5' between him and the wall as he conjures his blade of electrical force into existance.

Ash again tries to grab Alexandre, provoking an attack of opportunity from the grapple attempt, which fails to connect, Ash's grapple attempt however is more successful (Total Touch Attack: 27 Touch )and he manages to wrestle Alexandre to the ground (Opposed Grapple Check: 28 vs 21 Grapple Initiated).

Commence Next Round

The Minions bare their fangs in bloodlust and rush at the gold dragon who has appeared, however only 1 manages to connect , landing a blow for 13 damage and that is soley because of the momentum of the its wild charge. (18/21/18/13 Total Attacks)

Alexande forcefully rearanges the grapple so he has the upperhand and grins (24 vs 23 opposed grapple check) "Hugging a vampire, you ARE stupid" as his fangs head straight for Ash's neck (Opposed Grapple Checks 34 vs 12) Alexandre sinks his teeth into Ash's neck and sucks out Ash's blood (dealing 3 points of temporary constitution damage).

Summary
Deedlit 5/35hp (17 points of subdual damage)
Ash 113/113 + Slowed + Con 21/24
Filia (Dragon Form) 88/88
Dalamar 6/32 hp
Alexandre 24 damange, -4X healed.

Minion Initiative: 28

Darkwolf

First Post
Filia lets loose a blast of fire trying to hit as many vampire minions around her as possible

ooc: 40 ft cone, 3d10 dam, 1d4+1 rounds until next possible use.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Dalamar swings his sword of electricity to the vampire hoping to at least distract the vampire in its task of sucking Ash dry.
Melee touch attack with +5 bonus, damage d8 electricity

Kalanyr

Explorer
Filia moves backwards 20 ft and catches all four of the minions in the cone (damage 18, 5 rounds to reuse), two of the minions manage to jump out of the way of the burst (Saves: 28 and 18 vs DC 17 and each take 9 damage) the other two minions aren't nearly so lucky and each take 18 points of fire damage. The minions don't seem to be healing from the fire damage.

Dalamar swings his sword at Alexandre and easily connects (Total Attack: 22, damage 5 points of electricity) causing Alexandre to twitch a bit but not having much more of an effect.

Ash continues to struggle against his captor attempting to get free Ash's attempt is successful and he manages to escape the pin ( 24 vs 22).

The minions charge at Filia again attempting to pummel her with their fists again but a single minion manages to connect (10 points of damage) Total Attacks (14 24 18 15)

Alexandre manages to pin Ash again (22 vs 16 opposed grapple check) and drains more blood from the Forsaker (4 Con damage) (33 vs 16 opposed grapple check).

Summary
Ash 99/99 + Slowed + Con 17/24
Filia (Dragon Form) 65/88
Dalamar 6/32 hp
Alexandre 29 damange, -5X healed.
Minion 1 18 fire damage
Minion 2 18 fre damage
Minion 3 9 fire damage
Minion 4 9 fire damage

OOC- You here Reaper ? Its been more than 4 days since you last posted.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
OOC- You here Reaper ? Its been more than 4 days since you last posted.
OOC: yeah, i'm here, but i didn't post when i caught up on friday, because i really didn't know what to do/say.
I had Ash grab Alexandre because everything else I was having Ash do was utterly ineffective, so I thought if Ash (the closest thing to a front-liner we have) could grab him, than some of the others could lay a hurt on him, but that doesn't appear to be working.

You can't exactly escape a grapple/pin once it's begun (especially when magically slowed :( ), and I wasn't expecting Alexandre to be that blazingly fast AND also be incredibly better at grappling than Ash's +11 grapple bonus, so I don't know what else to do other than feebly grapple and take CON damage.
CON is Ash's primary attribute and source of power, so he's not exactly feeling frisky right now.

I'm blanking on what he would say in-character right now, so he'll just:

Ash continues to struggle, eyes all bulged-out and him yelling to wake the dead....

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Filia unleashes a raging whirlwind of destruction on the minion, unfortunately luck is not with the Dragon and she only manages to clip the minions unnaturally thick skin with the one claw that even comes close to it.
(
Total Attacks:
Bite 14.
Claw 12 17.
Tail 15.
OOC- Nothing above a 7 ouch.)

Ash again manages to wriggle out of Alexandre's pin (25 vs 21) but is prevented from further action by the slowness.

Dalamar swings his electical blade at Alexandre again and only just connects (Total Attack: 10 (Be very grateful he's grappled and its a touch attack)) for 4 points of damage. Which once again earns him little reaction.

The minions around Filia unleash a barrage of blows at the Dragon (Total Attacks: 16 22 14 16.) and again only one manages to connect for 8 points of damage.

Alexandre attempts to restrain Ash again even as he visible heals from Dalamar's electrical attack and he succeeds (29 vs 19) and goes for the throat again (25 vs 19) and sucks out more blood siphoning out 2 Constitution.

Summary
Ash 92/92 + Slowed + Con 15/24
Filia (Dragon Form) 57/88
Dalamar 6/32 hp
Alexandre 33 damange, -6X healed.
Minion 1 18 fire damage
Minion 2 18 fre damage
Minion 3 9 fire damage
Minion 4 9 fire damage

Remove ads