• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroics around Hommlet [IC]

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Wilphe said:
"You seen the trail to the mine over there? Now we don't know what is going on at the mine, but whatever it is it doesn't look good. We were a somewhat larger party, but a couple of them got cold feet and turned back. However, you're made of sterner stuff right?"

"Sterner?? we are 2 humans in the dark hunting Goblins and Hobgoblins. Sterner? im not sure Dumber? Maybe. Im in."

Zerth

First Post
"That's right, miss. We are not scared that easily. Just lead the way to the mine and we'll be happy to fight some goblins with you," Kerrax answers to Astatia.

OOC: Edited my post so, that they pay for ears in Verbobonc. More difficult with the ear thing. Let's just say, that Kerrax as a illiterate barbarian doesn't always know what he's speaking. Astatia got the left ear from the last hobgoblin.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven has been watching the interchange, and continuing to scout the area with her light figure. Finally deciding there were probably no more hobgoblins about, she joins the others.

"Hi. I'm called Raven. Pleased to meet you noble warriors." Raven is a tall, beautiful elf, with thick black hair. "There may be no hobgoblins at these mines, so don't wet your pants. But we'd love to have you accompany us. It's as good a place to find them as any, and you'd get the pleasure of our charming company.

Majin

First Post
Damien sidles up to Raven, and while putting a protective arm around her shoulder he adds, staring at the newcomers. "Yes, our company indeed."

Throwing Raven a quick wink he continues, "Our resident druid over there prefers I keep my station private to strangers and the like, but considering you'll be joining our little group I thought I should be the first to be up front about my background. After all we should get to know each other more closely if we'll be exterminating goblinoids together, shouldn't we?" With one of his over exaggerated bows with a flourish Damien formally introduces himself. "You have the honor of meeting Prince Damien Strikeheart. Heir to the throne of Keoland. I am on a quest to distinguish myself and earn my seat as the ruler of my fair land one day. What more can you tell us of yourselves?"

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Kerrax is astonished and is looking at Astatia and Raven in turn. Usually he has words for any situation, but this is something else. How dumb does this man think I am? A Prince in the woods with two ladies? A Prince cleaning a mine infested by goblinoids with two ladies??? How dumb must you be to even tell you're a Prince to two strangers in a dark forest? Just how pompous and full of yourself... Just then it strikes Kerrax, the fear, that the man might actually be speaking the truth.

"So you're a Prince...," Kerrax begins still slightly in bisbelief, "In that case I'd listen more to your druid friend. You won't run into honorable people in dark woods too often." Kerrax shakes his head. "But, it's good to meet you, Prince. Just don't expect any special treatment from me," the warrior adds with a laugh, which is friendly and not intended to mock Damien.

"As for myself, well, there's hardly anything in my story, that would interest a Prince and his two lovely companions. I'm just a simple warrior trying to make a living in this cruel world."

Wynter Wolf

First Post
"Well im a priest of St. Cuthbert i like long walks in the woods at night, a nice ale...But seriously Im a priest and i swing a pretty mean Mace tho im not quite in Kerrax's category for effectiveness, Need healing just ask, need spiritual guidance? just ask. Need a drinking buddy? No need to ask." Jake grins widely. "Lets have some fun in the mines."

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

"Alright! Glad to have you two aboard. We're a much stronger party for it. Unlike you two, I'm not inclined to hunt goblins in the dark. Perhaps we should wait until morning to set off for the mines."

Majin

First Post
Damien grins smugly at Kerrax as he speaks his words. "Yes I realize the strategy involved in keeping such a thing quiet, but then how would others know that I'm a prince?" he says matter of factly, as if the question explains everything, not seeming to notice his backwards logic. "And don't worry about the special treatment my friend. I attain certain liberties for those in my company. As you'll find out I'm sure, Astatia takes every chance she can get to exploit them," he chuckles.

Last edited:

Remove ads