• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hethas' Gambit continued [top of rnd 8]

seasong

First Post
It will be later this morning due to work, and won't be as many as I was hoping to get done last night :(. In hindsight, I think the fog was a bad idea:

1. Calculating line-of-sight and distance has taken way too much time. And every time one of your little icons moves, I have to double check people. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but I don't have it.

2. From the spectator perspective, I think this round is likely to be fairly boring. Some noise, but that's about it. Cool? Maybe in a movie, but not in this game.

So fair warning that I'm going to dump the fog next round. I'll just say that it was a temporary effect of the heat on the water-soaked ground, disperse it, and move directly into supertropical (damage each round level) heat.

-seasong

seasong

First Post
Work too hard. Need play. Someone come sneak attack my boss so I can play ;).

Seriously, having trouble getting the time to post. Essence is: Xiao Fung is still 'position unknown', and Master + Blaster are being sent an e-mail to confirm some things... but I'm inclined to think that they are being somewhat quiet.

Jeremy

Explorer
That things are quiet and nothing much happened? Or that the fog is going away, and the hurricane has abated so you can finally open up with ranged attacks? :D

seasong

First Post
Oddly enough, the ... ninjas ... appear to have worked. However, the round is still going to go somewhat slowly :(.

As fog from the steam vents gouts into the atmosphere, filling the entire area with tendrils of faintly lit mist, visibility cuts down to nearly nil. Gladiators everywhere hush as they strain their ears for the sounds of their foes, for sight is no longer a willing ally.

Xiao Fung can not be heard, where ever it is he went to, and although a sharp thwip, thwip, thwip can be heard from somewhere in the sky, Rillos is similarly silent. A moment later, somewhere near where Osirdar was last seen, arrows can be heard thunking into the earth.

There is no responding sound from Osirdar, who remains as silent as the grave.

Then, near the lake where Master, Blaster and the bead of force are, a sound akin to a bug zapper is heard, then some splashing.

I'm still working with reapersaurus to figure out the remainder of Blaster's turn.

-seasong

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads