• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Hey, you -- what did you think of The Rise of Tiamat?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you have this adventure, don't tell me here - pop over to the new rating section and post a quick comment and rating there. The more ratings, the better!

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?358744-The-Rise-of-Tiamat

Feel free to do the same for other stuff while you're there! I'd love to get some really solid aggregated ratings so folks can very quickly find out about products. it's desiged to be much quicker and easier than the average reviews system, and will only take you a few seconds.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I... don't know? I'm only up to running Chapter 3 of Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It'll be awhile before I get there. I READ a bunch of it, and I think it looks pretty sweet, but it's a long way off, really.

It's possibly something of a fault of the schedule (to put it out so soon), but then, there are presumably people who want to just jump into higher-level play. (Or I suppose there's a few people who have so much time to play that they're already at that level, but I suspect that's actually pretty rare.)

Does anyone have a substantial opinion at this point? I'm with you, Morrus, I'd like to know.

Edit: I missed your "Don't tell me here" line, but I didn't tell you, did I?

sgtscott658

First Post
Howdy-

Going into the final chapter of HotDQ, so maybe after the Thanks Giving holidays, we will start RoT. I do have RoT but have not looked at it closely to offer any constructive opinion at this time.

Netherstorm

First Post
I did a giant review of The Rise of Tiamat in my blog. Short Version: It feels like Wolfgang didn't have enough pages to work with. A couple chapters are way too short and IMO the metallic dragons and Red Wizards chapters were not fleshed out even close to enough. Overall, it's a very epic adventure with some extremely cool "classic" style locations. It requires a lot of preparation and organization by the DM to run properly.

This is the full review

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I did a giant review of The Rise of Tiamat in my blog. Short Version: It feels like Wolfgang didn't have enough pages to work with. A couple chapters are way too short and IMO the metallic dragons and Red Wizards chapters were not fleshed out even close to enough. Overall, it's a very epic adventure with some extremely cool "classic" style locations. It requires a lot of preparation and organization by the DM to run properly.

This is the full review

I think you might have misread my post! The idea is to post a comment/rating in the new ratings system. The good part is it can work a bit like Metacritic in which you can summarize your review (exactly like you just did!) and use a field for the link to the original. The bad part is that that bit doesn't work yet, but if you enter the link it'll start showing up as soon as I manage to get that working.

The_Gneech

Explorer
It might be a great adventure, but I couldn't make myself get interested in it because Red Hand of Doom pretty much handled the whole "Tiamat as ultimate baddie" campaign for me already. I'm looking for something new!

Oh, and I don't like adventure paths. :p

-The Gneech :cool:

casterblaster

First Post
Are you going to add any of the sundering adventures to be reviewed? I'm curious about ghost of dragonspear castle and the red wizards adventures.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads