• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High BAB plus grapple

kolikeos

First Post
Let's say my character has +6/+1 base attack bonus. Can he intiate a grapple and pin in the same round using a full-attack action?

Let's say my character is already grappled. Can he escape the grapple and attack in the same round using a full-attack action?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
kolikeos said:
Let's say my character has +11/+6 base attack bonus. Can he intiate a grapple and pin in the same round using a full-attack action?

Let's say my character is already grappled. Can he escape the grapple and attack in the same round using a full-attack action?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, to both.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shilsin got it.

Initiating a grapple can be made in place of an attack, as can attempting a pin.

If youhave 2 or more attacks, you can do both.

Incidentally, if you have BAB 16, you could grapple, damage, damage, Pin.

Darklone

Jemal said:
Shilsin got it.
Thanks, that made my day. Now I have to copy Shilsens avatar and give him some Chinese old longbeard, that funny hat and a braid.

"Excuse me, my name is Shil Sin."

shilsen

Adventurer
Darklone said:
Thanks, that made my day. Now I have to copy Shilsens avatar and give him some Chinese old longbeard, that funny hat and a braid.

"Excuse me, my name is Shil Sin."
:D

And dont forget, Shil sin is the only true sin. All other sins are a pale imitation thereof.

Agamon

Adventurer
The one thing that confused/didn't sit well with me about this is that you get -5 to each regular iterative attack. Do you get a -5 on each grapple check? And then what about the opponent's grapple check? I've always played it that a grapple is a standard action to keep it simple, not to mention less prone to abuse.

shilsen

Adventurer
Agamon said:
The one thing that confused/didn't sit well with me about this is that you get -5 to each regular iterative attack. Do you get a -5 on each grapple check?

Yes.

And then what about the opponent's grapple check?

The opponent always uses his full BAB, however many grapple attacks he is resisting. It's the same for opposed checks, such as when character A makes three attempts to disarm B on A's turn. A's second attempt takes a -5 and the third takes a -10, while B uses his full BAB on each opposed check.

Darklone

Particle_Man said:
If you can successfully pin on your 4th iterative attack, you are officially *badass!* :)
Or simply a large half-giant psywarrior with big badass expansion, improved grapple and all the usual things that help...

... who's grabbing the groups gnome wizard out of the sky.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads