• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High Level Casters Keeping Track of Spells

dagger

Adventurer
I am trying to find a good sheet to keep track of memorized spells, other than just a regular sheet of notebook paper.

I have my Spellbooks printed out using the awesome SpellGen2, but need some kind of sheet to better organized memorized spells.

Thanks.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I still use a really good Excel spreadsheet called Steve's 3e D&D spellsheet which was updated for 3.5. The problem is that it's not been updated for quite some time now and still refers to the old 3.0 splatbooks rather than the 3.5 Completes. What it really needs is for someone to add all the spells in the Spell Compendium and delete all the old stuff.

Cheers

Richard

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Export he Spell Gen 2 to Excel, you can do it on the Preview Pane.
Then add columns as you wish. :cool:

Personnally I print to PDF and then use l to mark spells memorized ll if memorized twice. Then when cast circle it, and then at the end of the day erase and do again. Usually print a new sheet every couple of weeks.

Yeti

dagger

Adventurer
I used to use Steve's sheet, but SpellGen evolved from that and is light years better. It does everything that sheet did and it is updated:

3.5e Campaign
3.5e (Psionic) Campaign
Eberron Campaign
Forgotton Realms Campaign
Unearthed Arcana Spell Points Campaign
Battle Magic: The Eldritch Storm
Book of Eldritch Might
Book of Eldritch Might 2
Book of Eldritch Might, 3.5E
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Hallowed Might
Book of Vile Darkness
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Mage
Complete Psionic
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Warrior
Crusades of Valor
Defenders of the Faith
Deities and Demigods
Draconomicon
Dragon Magazine
Dragon Magic
Dungeon Masters Guide 3.5E
ECS - Eberron
ECS - Faiths of Eberron
ECS - Five nations
ECS - Magic of Eberron
ECS - Players Guide to Eberron
ECS - Races of Eberron
ECS - Secrets of Sarlona
ECS - Sharn
ECS - WotC Web Enhancements
Expanded Psionics Handbook
FRCS - Champions of Ruin
FRCS - City of Splendors: Waterdeep
FRCS - Faiths and Pantheons
FRCS - Forgotten Realms Campaign
FRCS - Lords of Darkness
FRCS - Lost Empires of Faerun
FRCS - Magic of Faerun
FRCS - Players Guide to Faerun
FRCS - Races of Faerun
FRCS - Serpent Kingdoms
FRCS - Shining South
FRCS - Unapproachable East
FRCS - Underdark
Frostburn
Heroes of Battle
Libris Mortis
Lords of Madness
Manual of the Planes
Masters of the Wild
Mind's Eye
Miniatures Handbook
Necromancy: Beyond the Grave
Oriental Adventures
Planar Handbook
Players Handbook 3.5E
Player's Handbook II 3.5
Quintessential Cleric
Quintessential Elf
Quintessential Wizard
Races of Destiny
Races of Stone
Races of the Dragon
Races of the Wild
Rokugan
Sandstorm
Slayers Guide to Amazons
Song and Silence
Spell Compendium
Stormhaven: City of Thousand Spires
Stormwrack
Tome and Blood
Tome of Magic
Unearthed Arcana
Weapons of Legacy
Wild Spellcraft
Wizards of the Coast
www.MonteCook.com

I mean, it allows you to generate spell lists like that old Excel sheet but includes spells from all of the above sources and the classes! Also you can pick and choose what spells you want it to generate, it kicks but. It also autocalcs all save DC's, magic items, specilication, spell focus, and more.

What I need though is something to keep track of spells prepared at the table, some nice organized sheet.

dagger

Adventurer
TheYeti1775 said:
Export he Spell Gen 2 to Excel, you can do it on the Preview Pane.
Then add columns as you wish. :cool:

Personnally I print to PDF and then use l to mark spells memorized ll if memorized twice. Then when cast circle it, and then at the end of the day erase and do again. Usually print a new sheet every couple of weeks.

Yeti

I guess I could do that, but I need room for spells that are prepared with metamagic. I guess I could do a custom reference and just add in spells, like "Maximized Magic Missile".

My character sheet has a list of prepared spells PRINTED with my normal array of spells. As I use them (or modify the list) I just cross the spell out. If we rest during a game, I erase the cross out. I print a new sheet each session or two. My character sheet is Word document with lots of tables and borders and no automation.

IceFractal

First Post
Or there's spellcards. Quite handy, although I don't use them because I use a fair number of 3rd party spells, and don't have time to make cards for them.

Maldor

First Post
i have always (well since a few weeks after i started play) put my spell and chacter sheets in plastic slips like the ones sold at wal-mart and then used dry erase marks to mark spells i have mimorized and hp and other stuff it wipes right off and doesn't drity the Chacter sheet

dagger

Adventurer
I used to use that spell sheet until I found Spell Gen.

I still might use the blank daily spell sheets at the end.

Remove ads