High Seas Adventures!

roguerouge

First Post
So, for Dnd, what's recommended are:

* Homebrew something with Stormwrack and/or Skull & Bones and/or Seas of Blood
* "Sea Wyvern's Wake" in Dungeon
* "Maiden Voyage" for levels 1-3
* "Salvage Operation" in Dungeon 123
* U-series of the old modules (Anyone know where to find that?)

Raven Crowking

First Post
I am actually planning a game like that to take place in my own homebrew campaign world. When I have more fleshed out, I'd be happy to share it with you.

Email me.

RC

Dead Man's Chest from Necromancer Games has 3 nautical themed adventures, plus rules for ship mdifications, nautical spells, feats, etc.

The adventures are:

The Ghosting of Lady Quay for 5th level characters

The Isle of Bonjo Tombo for 6th-8th level characters

Where the Ocean Meets the Sky for 9th level characters

all in all it's a solid resource for nautical adventuring, and the adventures are fun and flavorful.

-M

RichGreen

Adventurer
Pirates!

Hi,

We've just finished a Skull & Bones campaign which was based around the Governor's Prize adventures in Buccaneers & Bokor (available from the ENWorld game store) with a ton of other stuff I added. It was one of the most enjoyable campaigns I've ever run: check out my story hour for more info.

If you're keen to stick to more traditional D&D, Maiden Voyage is very good and would work well with the Savage Tide adventure path in Dungeon and/or Freeport.

Cheers

Richard

roguerouge

First Post
Michael_R_Proteau said:
Dead Man's Chest from Necromancer Games has 3 nautical themed adventures, plus rules for ship mdifications, nautical spells, feats, etc.

The adventures are:

The Ghosting of Lady Quay for 5th level characters

The Isle of Bonjo Tombo for 6th-8th level characters

Where the Ocean Meets the Sky for 9th level characters

-M

My Googlefu has failed me. Where on their site do I find it? I've only been able to track down a press release for the first and there's no google entry for Dead man's chest from that publisher.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
jdrakeh said:
Look for a different system. Sea-faring has been notoriously ignored in D&D adventures across all editions of the game. In fact, aside from 50 Fathoms and the new Pirates RPG from Wizkids, there haven't been too many RPGs that deal with nautical adventure in depth (no pun intended). As the son of a Marine and the grandson of a sailor, I'd love a nautical adventure RPG but so few games (even those ostensibly designed for it) seem to do the tradition justice.

And both of those were Savage Worlds. BTW.

However, there was a Piratey adventure written for BASH! Fantasy Edition, featuring naval combat rules, fencing styles, and 17th century monsters and equipment. It is called Island of the Forgotten Tomb . The link is to the storefront that supports ENworld (I need to change link in my sig).

roguerouge said:
My Googlefu has failed me. Where on their site do I find it? I've only been able to track down a press release for the first and there's no google entry for Dead man's chest from that publisher.

The forums for it at the Necromancer message boards is here:

http://p208.ezboard.com/fnecromancergamesfrm77

It is about half way down their product page here:

http://www.necromancergames.com/products.html

there's a free suplemental download available on that page too.

I know they had the PDF half price in April, but I think the sale is over. It it available whereever Necro PDF's are, and most likely through most games tores who can special prder it form the distributor, buut I think it was ou of stock at the White Wolf warehouse.

-M

SavageRobby

First Post
rycanada said:
50 fathoms is gold. I'd take that, and Savage Worlds, and play from there.

Yeah - 50 Fathoms is fantastic. And it could be pretty easily converted to another system. Savage Worlds is both easy to convert to and from.

Remove ads