• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Highest AC's

zlorf

First Post
I would be interested in what some players current character AC's are, as a bench mark against the player in my campaign. Something like CR and AC (broken down by Flatfooted, touch and normal)

Cheers
Z

Bagpuss

Legend
My 6th level Knight I just built with standard 13,000gp has an AC of 26, but only because I bought Bracers of Opportunity rather than a Amulet of Natural Armour. I had two builds one with a High Dex 16, and Con 12 and another with High Con 16 and lower Dex 12. Both ended up with the same AC as I put one in +1 Breastplate and the other in +1 Fullplate, just the one in the Breastplate could move faster.

Anyway it breakdowns as follows.

10+9 (+1 Fullplate) + 3 (+1 Heavy Shield) + 1 (Shield Specialization) + 1 (Shield Block) +1 (Dex 12) +1 Ring of Protection = 26

So Flatfooted 24 and Touch AC 12.

Shield Block is like Dodge but for a shield user so technically it isn't a fixed bonus so AC 25.

He has Combat Expertise as well, so possible 31 (33 Fighting Defensively), easy pick up items for more gold are increase the enhancement bonus of his shield +3000gp for +2, and an amulet of Natural Armour +1 (2000gp). I intend to level as a Fighter next level take Shield Ward and improve make it a either +1 or Versatile shield. That will make his Touch AC 17 (18).

This is probably a high AC type character for this level, but it wouldn't be hard to make it higher with different item choices.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
I've got a 16th level oathsworn (which is similar to a monk) with an AC of 29, touch AC of 25. I can use combat expertise and defensive fighting to get that up to 37. I have a 3rd level knight with an AC of 23 (shield user) or 24 with shield block, touch AC 11.

AddizAbeba

First Post
The 4 PCs in my campaign are lv5/6, and have ACs ranging from 17 to 18 (granted, the wizard only after she casts her mage armor). I do not know their flatfooted and/or touch ACs

quetzyl

First Post
Wizard 5/Incatatrix 4 in the World's Largest Dungeon. He occasionally has to take the meatshield role, and so concentrates quite hard on his AC, since he only has 35 Hp.

Dex +4 (Gloves +2)
Greater Mage Armor +6
Buckler +3 (+2 Buckler, has a 5% spell failure chance)
Amulet of Natural Armor +4
Ring of Protection +1
Monk's Belt +1 (we rule you do not add your Wisdom bonus)

Makes AC 29. If he has time to buff, Alter Self into a troglodyte adds an additional +7 points of Natural armor for AC 36.

He also usually memorises Greater Mirror Image, and he has Heart of Air, Water, Earth and Fire up all day (from Complete Mage).

Cheers,
quetzyl

robberbaron

First Post
My group includes an ECL 15 Half Dragon Psy Warrior with an AC around 30.

Not a problem as a good few of the big bads have +25 to +30 to hit.

D.Shaffer

First Post
My current character (Totemist 7/Ranger 1/Scout 1) has a varying amount of AC, but with my typical meld structure I get...

Dex 16 = +3 bonus
Mithril Breastplate +2 = = +7 Armor Bonus
Mithral Heavy Shield +3 = +5 Shield Bonus
Wormtail Belt (2 points essentia) = +4 Natural Armor Bonus
Ring of Protection +2 = +2 Deflection

For an AC of 31, Touch of 15, FF of 28

I can get that AC up to 33 if I shift a meld over.

Graybeard

Explorer
My Swashbuckler 1/Duskblade 7 has an AC of 25.

Dex 20 (5)
amulet nat armor +1
Ring of Prot +1
Chain shirt +2 (total of 6)
Buckler +1 (2ac)

I could have had a higher AC by going with mdeium armor but I wanted the movement and no armor check penalty (for tumble, jump,etc).

Engilbrand

First Post
My Incarnate's in the mid 20s. I could easily get him into the 30s. Realistically, don't worry about ACs. If you have someone concentrating on AC, let him. It means that he's not improving some other area. In the end, he's pretty balanced. Let things flounder against him sometimes so that he feels that the investment in AC was good. Other times, drop Fireballs on him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads