• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Hit Dice for Exertion Points: Should be immediately Available. Temporarily.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Wow it looks like I struck a chord. Lots of great ideas. My main reason for TEP is for immediate use but limited. I suppose a lot of these ideas would have to be thrown around in play test. But there are some real interesting and in-depth observations here. What a great community.

Any experienced DM/GM(etc…) has learned that encounters/combat is, for the most part, unpredictable. You crunch the numbers/probabilities. You look at all the stat blocks. Compare with what the system says is balanced. Then you run the encounter and the characters kill the so-called “hard“ encounter in two rounds. It happens.
My observation here after reading many of these great replies is that, if you care to, there are many ways a DM could modify the EP rules.

So I like to try a few these things out - see what happens. Roll the dice. Then ask the question is the game Better or Broken? To me, as a DM, there is no in-between.

Fun stuff.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Wow it looks like I struck a chord. Lots of great ideas. My main reason for TEP is for immediate use but limited. I suppose a lot of these ideas would have to be thrown around in play test. But there are some real interesting and in-depth observations here. What a great community.

Any experienced DM/GM(etc…) has learned that encounters/combat is, for the most part, unpredictable. You crunch the numbers/probabilities. You look at all the stat blocks. Compare with what the system says is balanced. Then you run the encounter and the characters kill the so-called “hard“ encounter in two rounds. It happens.
My observation here after reading many of these great replies is that, if you care to, there are many ways a DM could modify the EP rules.

So I like to try a few these things out - see what happens. Roll the dice. Then ask the question is the game Better or Broken? To me, as a DM, there is no in-between.

Fun stuff.
I'dd add a secondary limit like being able to spend the hit die for a point of fatigue just as a safeguard but would be curious how it plays out either way since some maneuvers can be extremely powerful.

Remove ads