D&D (2024) Hit Points: the change I would like to see

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
I would like to see the following in 6e
I've got news for you: there isn't going to be a 6e. One D&D is taking the 5e rules, tweaking and fine-tuning them, and dubbing it simply "Dungeons & Dragons" for the rest of eternity. It will be a living, breathing game that can be altered or adjusted any time the need arises, without having the burden of releasing a new "edition" every 5 - 10 years. Sort of like the U. S. Constitution, which was written over 200 years ago, and every time an issue pops up, an amendment is created to take care of it.

clearstream

(He, Him)
I've got news for you: there isn't going to be a 6e. One D&D is taking the 5e rules, tweaking and fine-tuning them, and dubbing it simply "Dungeons & Dragons" for the rest of eternity. It will be a living, breathing game that can be altered or adjusted any time the need arises, without having the burden of releasing a new "edition" every 5 - 10 years. Sort of like the U. S. Constitution, which was written over 200 years ago, and every time an issue pops up, an amendment is created to take care of it.
I'm aware. Echoing King Theoden's words, I will continue to call it 6e nonetheless.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Hahahaha.

There is absolutely going to be a 6e the second the bump of 5.5 start tailing. Everything about evergreen and no editions is just snake oil and salesspeak.

Really don't understand the purpose of HD anymore if they aren't going to be a resource that Martials can use. Much better to make hit points prof + con mod per level, and then have starting class features for martials to give more HP on a level up etc.

Short rests can heal your Con score, or twice your con score with a medicine check or healing kit. Long rests restore all your hit points.

Easier to keep up with by a mile.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
A friend of mine does hit points very differently from the way the PHB describes.
  • Characters start with a number of hit points equal to their Constitution score.
  • Every level-up, they gain hit points equal to their Constitution modifier.
  • During a short rest, characters spend Hit Dice as usual to recover hit points.
  • During a long rest, characters do not recover hit points. They only recover Hit Dice.
Her gaming group really likes it.

Remove ads