[Hive] How many scrolls could the Hivers scribe if the Hivers could scribe scrolls?

Carnifex

First Post
Angcuru said:
Geez, how big ARE these updates?

Mine tend to be 3-4 thousand words on average, and I only get to writing about once per week, or whenever the urge hits me. Geez, I should really get a laptop for this. Take advantage of all that time I have between classes at school.

I could probably manage a few thousands words of update in... say, gimme 15 minutes, that'd be all I'd need I think. Though depends on exactly how complex the area of game I'd be covering is.

Like I said, I've got a cunning technique of doing it :D

Angcuru

First Post
Well, considering how I make them up as I go, it's no surprise I take longer than you do.

*Rocks out to Palace of Fantasy*

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thanks for the welcome, Carnifex. :)

Ah yes, the near-instantaneous posts... how I remember the days...

Hmm... I'd ask which of the two of your SHs is better, but I imagine I'll get two responses... ;)

Is it possible to explain it without sending me to read one? I understand that they tend to draw the reader in, and I don't necessarily want to get sucked into something for the next few hours...

BTW - is the no-sig rule still in effect? It's been awhile for me...

Scrolls? No thanks, i prefure egg rolls. :D

What up everyone! After a very long four or five days ( or longer? :confused: )i finally got the ol net bill paid off and i'm back on line! :D

Carnifex

First Post
Angcuru said:
Well, considering how I make them up as I go, it's no surprise I take longer than you do.

*Rocks out to Palace of Fantasy*

No, you see, my real secret is that it's all already typed up for me :D

Since I play an online play-by-post game, it's really just a matter of reformatting the game thread into a more flowing readable story.

So theoretically, if you include the time I spend writing the posts in the original game in the first place, it takes quite a while overall. But when I come to putting together a SH update, it's nice and easy :)

Angcuru

First Post
a story hour is basically a text copy of a campaign. since a game is an interactive novel, a story hour is that novel.

the difference between mine and the rest is that I make mine up as I go. ;)

Angcuru

First Post
Carnifex said:
No, you see, my real secret is that it's all already typed up for me :D

Since I play an online play-by-post game, it's really just a matter of reformatting the game thread into a more flowing readable story.

So theoretically, if you include the time I spend writing the posts in the original game in the first place, it takes quite a while overall. But when I come to putting together a SH update, it's nice and easy :)
Lazy #()@*&$)*&!^*(^$_@#(*^%!^@)($*U^!@^%$^%@#$(*^$)#$_^ :D

Carnifex

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Is it possible to explain it without sending me to read one? I understand that they tend to draw the reader in, and I don't necessarily want to get sucked into something for the next few hours...

In that case, read Angcuru's for now - it is quite new I think, and isn't very long. My SH otoh is more well established (over 400 posts now I think) and spans quite a long period of campaign already. So if you want a quick read, A's is probably better for your purposes. But I invite you to check out my SH at some point in the future too :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sir Osis of Liver said:
Scrolls? No thanks, i prefure egg rolls. :D

What up everyone! After a very long four or five days ( or longer? :confused: )i finally got the ol net bill paid off and i'm back on line! :D

Hey, Sir Osis!

Didn't notice that you had gone... but welcome back! ;)

I know what it's like to go without access to the boards for long periods of time, though... drives me nuts when I can't look at my games... though it makes me happy when I get back on, and I get to look at all the posts made since I left.

Remove ads