[Hivemind]Anybody want a peanut?

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Tallarn said:

Is that the single player campaign, or some online stuff? cos i got caught staying up till 4am one time trying to finish a particular section :D

My when I finished it, I have to say - Odan Goodman, Cleric20 - YOU ROCK!

I have Boots of Speed, so it's Round One - Storm of Vengeance and Firestorm, Round Two Firestorm x2, round three Start with the Empowered Ice Storms...:D What fun!

Sunday was a co-operative game on my friends lan. Saturday night was spent playing the campaign to get a character up to a level where he's something other than a burden to the people who were there Sunday (because they've all had the game longer than I have).

Sunday night, however, was spent playing with the toolkit and converting an old campaign setting to NWN. This, more than anything else, is sucking up time (TM) and Endearing me to the Game (TM).

To make matters worse, my friends gave me a stack of modules to play with as well. SEveral conversions of old games are now lucking on my hard drive, tempting me. Sooner or later, I will succum and attempt to play the original Pool of Radiance conversion, I know.

Crothian

First Post
arwink said:

I find it hard to get excited about many of the Monk prestige classes I've seen. They seem like the core class that could have the greatest advantage with the focus of a PrC, but mostly those printed are either wildly off the wall or subtle shifts that replace one or two powers with less-than-inspiring choices (this is said without having seen OA, a Quintessential book or Beyond Monks however).

Feats, on the other hand, are an interesting thing in the monks hands. REalistically, the class is all about options in combat and feats just add to that.

Luckily Beyond monks, most of sword and fist, and Path of the Sword have very little I'm interested in. I think there is one feat from S&F I may end up taking.

My problem is there is a few things in OA, Quint Monk, and the main Rokugan book I do like. THe prestige class I like is called Iron Legs kickboxing. It doesn't have a lot of cool abilities but it does improve the crit range of unarmed attacks and increase the multiplier. It's only 5 levels and I now have to see how fast I can get there and what it will cost me from my other goals.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Crothian said:

Luckily Beyond monks, most of sword and fist, and Path of the Sword have very little I'm interested in. I think there is one feat from S&F I may end up taking.

My problem is there is a few things in OA, Quint Monk, and the main Rokugan book I do like. THe prestige class I like is called Iron Legs kickboxing. It doesn't have a lot of cool abilities but it does improve the crit range of unarmed attacks and increase the multiplier. It's only 5 levels and I now have to see how fast I can get there and what it will cost me from my other goals.

Iron Legs kickboxing, very good Crothian-san! I liked the look of that again, simple but effective at something the monk does well anyway.

Arwink - there's an original PoR conversion? Wow. Once I get a PC that can play NWN (I have to play on my flatmates at the moment) I shall have to download that!

Crothian

First Post
Tallarn said:

Iron Legs kickboxing, very good Crothian-san! I liked the look of that again, simple but effective at something the monk does well anyway.

Ya, I'm trying to find the fastest way their. Unfortuantly, I need BAB 6+ for a feat. If I stay straight Monk I can qualify for it by level 9, level 8 with a fighter level or two.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Tallarn said:
Arwink - there's an original PoR conversion? Wow. Once I get a PC that can play NWN (I have to play on my flatmates at the moment) I shall have to download that!

I've been told it's a conversion of the original, I still haven't played it :) My friends basically picked up a magazine that had a NWN promotion CD, and it included about thirty-odd modules on (from the looks of it anyway, actual number may be much less). I noticed conversions of the first Eye of the Beholder game as well.

And the reason I originally upgraded my PC a year ago was purely to play NWN ;) It's a pity it took me so long to get around to playing it.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Just before I log off and go to bed, what character class did you play in the single player campaign, if you played it all the way through?

the main reason I want to upgrade my PC is to play NWN! But I just don't have a job at the moment, so spending £300 on a new PC (minimum!) is not really on the cards right now. No, not even if I used my credit card :D

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Tallarn said:
Just before I log off and go to bed, what character class did you play in the single player campaign, if you played it all the way through?

the main reason I want to upgrade my PC is to play NWN! But I just don't have a job at the moment, so spending £300 on a new PC (minimum!) is not really on the cards right now. No, not even if I used my credit card :D

I still haven't gotten out of the city in a single-player game, but I tend to Multiclass heavily. Of the two characters I've used, one's been a Ranger/Bard and this weekend was a Cleric 4/Ftr1/Barbarian 1. Now I've got a better feel for the game, I'm thinking I'll build up a Cleric/Fighter with two-weapon fighting (seeming a much better tactic in NWN than it is in pen and paper gaming) and the two-bladed sword.

Crothian

First Post
Tallarn said:

Tough one. I've taken a Ranger single class to 9th (close to 10th) and I took Bard till about there as well before I took a prestige class. But I think it would be Druid to go from 1-20 levels.

Remove ads