• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)- IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And this is Gyrs Tado," Tregin says introducing the newest arrival. "We are all here, plus one... um two."

He looks down the slope that leads to the dark opening before turning back to the group. He surveys them keenly before speaking. "An elf, a halfling scorpion rider, and two fellow half-orcs. The gods be praised for your willingness to be here. And a special praise to Chelicera for allowing one of her children to help us this endeavor. I hope that we soon find the reason for your part in this Arsa. I will help in anyway I can." he concludes with a slight bow of respect.

"Now as to what I believe this is and how we came to be here this day." he says waving an arm out to encompass the slope and it's ominous opening. "Years ago a sage told of secret to the origin of these lands, for all know the story but none now the why or how. Once the very sand we stand on was covered by a great sea. And then in one night the water disappeared as if swallowed by a giant whose thirst could not be quenched. Below is the tomb of the Sage Linigol. It is said he discovered the why and the how it is said that this knowledge would be very valuable indeed. And as such I have been hired by a group of men who have used there skills to locate the tomb but do not have the... let's just say they can afford for others to do their searching for them. That is all we need do. Search the tomb, find whatever we can that might prove of worth to my employers. You will be paid whether or not we find anything Sandwalker, Gyrs, Beast. And you too Arsa since you have now joined are cause and we have yours."

"Are you ready then? Shall we brave The Lost Tomb of the Sand Sage?"

OOC: Hmm... found my title for the first pdf LOL, background on desert in RG

Dragonwriter

First Post
Tox paces with Arsa still on his back. The halfling nods as Tregin speaks. "Praise be to Chelicera indeed. May she shield us from harm, or allow us a quick death, as she sees fit."

Arsa draws his spear and shield, nudging Tox toward the entrance of the tomb. "I am ready to serve my goddess."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I suppose we should get moving if we are all here. Time for you to find a secure place in the backpack, Frodo." "Try not to get yourself killed; the last time you got blood in my feathers, it took months to get it all out." Sandwalker pulls his longspear off of his back as the bird disappears into the backpack.

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc trapper

Gyrs smiles, a sharp-toothed affair.

"We get to root around for valuables, and even if we don't find none, we get money? Now that's a job I'm all for," the half-orc says, rubbing his hands together.

OOC: Gyrs has darkvision and Trapfinding, so I think he's de facto lead scout, yes?

jackslate45

First Post
Beast grunts his acknowledgement, and takes a second to size up the new guy before getting ready to depart. He takes a swig from his canteen, and swishes on the water before spitting on the ground. "Ready."

OCC: unless you want the meat shield up front? I can be second.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Gyrs and Beast in first." Tregin says to the two half-orcs already on their way to the opening. "I am sorry Arsa but I don't know you or your abilities but Gyrs is very perceptive," he says pointing to his own ear then pointing to Gyrs's back. "And Beast is here to... well let's say to get his hands dirty." he adds with a smile.

"Follow them if it pleases you at a short distance. Sandwalker you follow Arsa. I will take the rear guard for today."

OCC: That order alright?

Dragonwriter

First Post
"So be it. I will serve as best I can. Though I am surprised a man of the desert would not know the abilities of one of Chelicera's devoted. The men of the tribes follow the path of the scorpion-bound and the sand-walkers. The magic of the natural sands flows from us and the the scorpion works with us. Healing and death, we can bring both."

Arsa directs Tox to his intended location in the procession. The scorpion seems to relax as its master does the same.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Even the talents of Chelicara's chosen vary, as can their level of expertise. It is never wise to assume the abilities of a stranger, especially in the desert. It will get you killed very quickly." Sandwalker quietly points out to Arsa as he, too, falls into place.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Then you have survived..." Tregin begins to say and then once more bows to Arsa in respect. "Forgive me noble Arsa but I have never met anyone who had survived the trial, till this day. Was it..." he start to ask if the scorpion the halfling rides is the one that stung him three times or not but becomes a little embarrassed not knowing for sure how the ritual works.

Remove ads