HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Mowgli] Thanks I knew I forgot something.

Since it makes a big difference if it (C.E.) was on or not I would say you need to declare it. I will get all kinds of can I go back and... if I allow it even once. So as for your actions this round.

- rolled a 4 to break from grapple (unsuccessful)
or
- attack with beak (hit do to natural 20)

Which will it be?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Wat dat," the orc near the west side of the well says pointing to Toddy with a javelin. "Me wants. Me Kill!" it says throwing the javelin. The lama takes cover behind a pillar so the big dumb orc moves up to try and catch Toddy drawing his falchion as he moves. When he gets close the lama takes a snap at him and he pulls up short noticing the creatures long neck. "Mmmm, I hope yous taste guid."

Marshan smashes one orc before shifting back to his normal size. Steeping back he enlarges again and waits for the stunned or to move. When the poor orc sees two of the large hammer-wielding "man-ogres" he moves in for the kill, and is also killed by the gore covered hammer.

Gergori slashes at the orc that has drawn his blood and carelessly leaves himself open for a return stroke. The orc's thick blade and tight muscles force the man to his knees, than all goes dark...

Frivinianna casts a spell of protection to help verse any more attacks. After it is complete she looks up to see that Halal has been hoisted in the air by two orcs and they are moving towards the well. She steels herself as they pitch the tengu in.

"Well time to see if bird-men fly." the bandage orc says almost with glee. He and the other orc hoist Halal up and move to the edge of the well. As one they toss the poor tengu high above the center of the dark hole.

Halal drops like a stone landing hard at the bottom, luckily nothing is seriously broken.

Up above at the well's rim the bandage orc asks, "Why he no flap arms?"

The other orc just shrugs.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order
Code:
Character        AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Firvinianna      13   [COLOR=Orange]6[/COLOR]  l.bow/none
Marshan          [COLOR=Cyan]12[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]   5[/COLOR]  l.hammer/[I][COLOR=Cyan]enlarged[/COLOR][/I]
Gergori          15  [COLOR=Red]-4[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Halal            15   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  cestus/[I][COLOR=Yellow]prone[/COLOR][/I]
Orc              13   [COLOR=Orange]1[/COLOR]  falchion/none;location east(x2) of Toddy
Orc              13   6  none/none;location south of bandaged orc
Orc              13  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Red]staggered[/COLOR][/I];(bandaged orc)
Orc              13  [COLOR=Red]-8[/COLOR]  falchion/[I][COLOR=Red]staggered[/COLOR][/I];location south of Gergori
Toddy            14   6  none/none
[sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Firvin - cast mage armor
Halal - attack (hit, dmg = 3)
Marshan - 5'step, attack (hit, dmg = 20), enlarge(swift)
Gergori - attack (hit, dmg = 12)
Orcs - varies[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
- sorry GE I want to steer away from gong back and re-doing any moves. Just think it is a can o' worms best left unopened.
- Need stabilize check for Gergori 1d20 - 3 (DC10) [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: SK if you want to throw out an AoO as the one orc charges you while I finish up the rest please go ahead.

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan brings his mighty hammer around again on the next charging orc, hitting him squarely in the chest.
[sblock=ooc question] Does staggering him end his charge?
And Toddy was out of position for his AoO because I seriously screwed up his directions. The first part of his move last time was supposed to be SE, not SW. Not a problem.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=opponents]The orc east of Toddy was the first Marshan hit with an AoO and should be at -7 bleeding to -8 right now and staggered. He still gets his javelin shot off or does he? Is drawing a javelin a move action? Anyways will be easier for Toddy to finish off in a sec. -7/-8 +5more = dead[/sblock]

Toddy's orc doesn't realize that the long neck of the beast gives it reach. The bite connects, as he chews the last of the life out of the orc's body.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry guys hold on.

EDIT: if that is the case [MENTION=6666968]Satin Knights[/MENTION] then you wouldn't get an AoO and the orc you hit the first time would get an attack on you.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=HM]I think you missed Halal's AoO on the bandaged orc from when it initiated the grapple (Post 44). He hit it for 4 points; that plus the 3 points from Halal's turn this round puts it at -3 (staggered & bleeding) at the start of it's turn. Not sure what that will do to it's toss attempt.

Also, if it does go ahead with the toss, doesn't Halal get a free attempt to break the grapple (at +4) since they're trying to force him into a hazardous square?

Edit: Never mind on the Break Grapple (1d20+5=7).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Next time we are going to number the bad guys and the map grid.
I thought it was:
First AoO was on the far west as he moved in through the brush. Post #42. Staggered him. Stupored him and he got to move up but not attack.
My attack swing was at the middle of my three, or the next one moving east. Outright killed him. Post #46.
Next round Marshan's AoO was the one charging up from the bottom center near the well. Staggered him, but he still gets an attack unless that stupor's him as well. Post #65

The first one (still west most) turned and threw a javelin at Toddy this turn, but provoked from Toddy, if the hay bales are short enough that he can attack over them, with a killing bite that finishes the first staggered orc off.

Then I read what you wrote while I was typing.
Orc nearest Toddy was staggered, and could move but not attack. If it left it's square, Toddy takes his AoO on him. Killed. Marshan would have overkilled it as it approached him.

The javelin came from the near the well, and then the orc moved up. Toddy has Combat Reflexes, but it stopped just shy of provoking a second bite.

So, two dead orcs, one full health orc staring at Toddy.

Remove ads