D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Chapter 1

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
While the other kobold remains in a tussle with the gnomes, the flying kobold lets out a harsh barking noise and begins to fly straight at you, teeth bared and dagger at the ready...

...until an arrow hits home right between it's eyes, and it falls out of the air, tumbling and rolling as it hits the ground, the corpse coming to rest at Erevan's feet.

You immediately notice that the winged beast is wearing a necklace of white rocks, in the same style as those you had previously encountered at the Gnoll camp.

[Renestrae up next. One winged kobold remains in a grapple with the gnomes, the non-winged ones are still asleep]

mips42

Adventurer
If possible, I'd like to use movement to try and get something between the one remaining and myself. If not possible, it's okay.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Renestrae positions herself for a clear shot, and lets an arrow fly.

OOC: Shortbow attack +5; 1d6+3 plus 1d6 (sneak attack) damage. IC is still down, if you could do the honors.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Renestrae positions herself for a clear shot, and lets an arrow fly.

OOC: Shortbow attack +5; 1d6+3 plus 1d6 (sneak attack) damage. IC is still down, if you could do the honors.

The remaining winged kobold is mid-grapple with James the Gnome; I don't think 5th ed has any specific penalties for firing into cpmbat but firing into two creatures grappling (as opposed to melee) seems like it should carry some sort of risk... Do you still want to shoot?

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=JDT]Nope, I won't shoot into that then. I was curious about the same thing, but I couldn't find anything when I looked it up. Regardless...

Add a move action, and change the attack to a dagger. She'll do it from behind, sneaky rogue style. Same attack bonus, but the damage will be a d4 instead of a d6, plus 1d6 for the sneak attack, assuming I still meet the requirements. If not, well...[/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
If Renestrae doesn't manage to dispatch the winged kobold from the grapple with the gnome, Miri will also come and try to help with her quarterstaff.

(Or is there also going to be some penalty for attacking with that? Basically Miri just doesn't want to risk hitting the gnome by accident.)

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Renestrae and Miri rush to assist James as he wrestles with the winged creature. As you reach the melee you can see that the kobold's claws have already drawn blood from the hapless gnome, who is busy trying to push his foe's snapping jaws away from him while kicking with his short legs.

Renestrae attempts a sneak attack but a wildly flapping wing knocks her arm aside and her strike misses.

Miri tries to bring her staff down upon the creature's head but the scuffling gnome and kobold roll to one side at the last moment, and her blow also fails to connect.

[OOC: I'm not going to apply any penalties for melee attacks into the grapple, but you both missed - Li Shenron, I think you've previously said you're ok for me to roll for you if it speeds things along? Rolen's next on the initiative order]

Li Shenron

Legend
[OOC: I'm not going to apply any penalties for melee attacks into the grapple, but you both missed - Li Shenron, I think you've previously said you're ok for me to roll for you if it speeds things along? Rolen's next on the initiative order]

[OoC: Yes it's ok, especially since InvisibleCastle has been offline.]

Remove ads