D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Chapter 1

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Rolen moves over to the gnomes - James gets to his feet and shakes his head, clearly disoriented, but Jena has been lying still since the kobold attacked her.

From where she is, Miri can hear Rolen chanting a spell of some sort as he kneels over Jena, and a faint golden glow suffuses her body. A moment later she too rises to her feet, and James immediately embraces her in an enthusiastic hug.

Within a few moments, the Gnomes have calmed their pony and regained control of their cart - no worse for wear apart from the spilling of several dozen turnips.

"Come on you lot, get in the cart!" says Jenna to the villagers you have rescued. "We need to get you to safety." The woman, man and children gratefully accept their offer and climb into the wagon.

With the immediate threat gone, your group can begin to make their way through the town towards the keep, following Renestrae's lead. The woman briefly introduces herself as Clara, and thanks you for rescuing her, along with her husband Neill and their children.

You make your way through the buildings, many of which seem to have been looted - windows broken, doors swinging off their hinges. Soon you pass by a small tavern, the upper floor belching smoke and fire from it's windows. The pub sign lays on the road, splintered almost in two - a snarling, tusked Orc face along with the name of the inn, Teeth & Mead.

As you pass, you can hear sounds of commotion within - shouts, breaking glass, high pitched squeals - and a deep threatening growl.

"Oh no... Grulf... he must still be inside..." says Clara in shock.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Renestrae approaches the inn quietly, looking through windows and cracks trying to get a picture of the scene inside.

OOC: If you need any rolls, go ahead and roll them for me to save some time if you don't mind.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Grulf... he's the landlord of the Teeth & Mead. He put his whole life into running that inn... and look at it now. I fear he would rather die than leave it behind..."

"I will stay with the cart and defend these folk if you wish to offer aid to this... Grulf fellow." says Rolen, readying his bow.

----------

Renestrae approaches a broken window and peers inside the tavern. The fire from upstairs doesn't seem to have spread to the ground floor as of yet. Stools and chairs are scattered, and two kobolds are taking cover behind an unturned table, while a dead kobold lies nearby with a small throwing hatchet buried in it's forehead.

"Hurguk-rokk! There's more where that came from, you little buggers!" shouts a deep male voice from behind the bar, but there's no sign of the voice's owner.

A loud growling noise causes Renestrae to jump, and looking across to the left side of the room she can see a further three kobolds wrestling with what looks like a crude barbed net. The bar room furniture obscures her view however, and she can't quite make out who - or what - they are trying to capture.

Between Renestrae's careful approach and the commotion going on within the inn, she hasn't been noticed yet.

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Yes I know about splitting the party, but...

Erevan looks at the gnomes, Jenna and the children, then at his compatriots. 'Get this Grulf fellow out of there if you can, but these people need protection as well. Go quickly and do not tarry.'

industrygothica

Adventurer
Renestrae looks to find the best vantage point for a shot through the window, and takes it if there is one.

OOC: Not sure if it'll be a surprise round or initiative, but here it is just in case: 1d20+3=10

And if she can attack, Shortbow +5; 1d6+3 (1d20+5=8, 1d6+3=7)

... and sneak attack, if by some miraculous chance that attack hits: 1d6=3

invisiblecastle abso-freakin'-lutely hates me lately. In all my games, not just this one. I need a new IP address.. this one is cursed.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Renestrae's arrow thuds into the underside of the table that the kobolds are using as cover, inches from a kobold's head. The creature shrieks, and turns around to see where the shot came from. The kobold's beady red eyes spot Renestrae at the window and it snarls at her.

Roll for initiative Renestrae (and anyone else looking to get involved)!

Remove ads